Jagged Alliance: Flashback - Update #16, Stretch Goals and Sneak Peak

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Update number 16 of the Jagged Alliance: Flashback Kickstarter ($185K out of an asked $350K) brings us news on stretch goals and a preview of the Diorama scene.
$ 375,000 Mountains, Mines and Pits
The first stretch goal will be an additional themed zone bringing the mines back into the game. We would like to add 10 sectors with mountainous region and at least 2 mines. Each with their own mining town.
We will create an art set themed for mountainous regions where locals have been digging for materials for decades. Riches lie beneath the earth in form of coal, iron and even precious metals.
Several small mining towns exist in the different mountain regions and can be controlled by the player or the enemy factions. So they serve as an income source as well as give interesting opportunities for fighting in the dark pits.
Mountain regions have also been known to have hostile animals like bears and hamsters!
$ 400,000 Map Editor
Keeping in line with wishes for additional modding options we’ve decided to go for the map editor as one of the first stretch goals.
We want to build a level editor that scales with the costs needed, therefore we're starting out with a high level editor (for those of you accustomed to halo's forge editor this is something along those lines). You will be able to pick between different preset terrains where you can start placing buildings and props.
Additionally you will have control of spawn points for NPC’s, hooks for dialogue scripts, triggers that can be linked to e.g. alarms or the faction loyalty system.
And here is video showing the tile editor.

More information.

I don't see them getting closer to any of those goals unless they get a last day miracle. It's a shame it looked promising, but there is a lack of information for new backers.

I sent a message to the developer yesterday. All they're doing is pushing updates to people who've already pledged. They need to reach out to game sites and get exposure in other places. They replied that they ping all these different sites but there isn't interest unless they've got a lot of new material or things to say.

What I meant of course is that they need to get interviews, not just spam game sites with an update every damned day. I pledged for this game on day one, and not even I want to read all these updates.

Back
Top Bottom