Crpg-Meter for Geneforge 4

Just curious -- and yes, I'm being a little argumentative (hopefully in a friendly way :) )...being a fan of Oblivion (IIRC), I assume you would not buy Shivering Isles (or the other ones) because absolutely no game mechanics have changed and you don't care about the story?

Maybe the "problem" (which would be an extremely minor one since how you number things is obviously not that important at all) is that Vogel is using a numbering scheme that sort of indicates that each game in the Geneforge series is a sequel of the earlier games (Geneforge 1, 2, 3, 4, ...).
So maybe that numbering scheme creates a certain level of expectation regarding a certain minimum level of change between those "sequels". The Oblivion expansion SI on the other hand is still "The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles", not The Elder Scrolls V .
I would assume that people would have somewhat lower expectations in regards to changes and new features in Geneforge if Vogel would use a different naming/numbering scheme (like "Geneforge: Chapter X") or even drop the numbering of his games altogether (like Geneforge: InsertSubtitleHere").

I would assume that people would have somewhat lower expectations in regards to changes and new features in Geneforge if Vogel would use a different naming/numbering scheme (like "Geneforge: Chapter X") or even drop the numbering of his games altogether (like Geneforge: InsertSubtitleHere").
Geneforge: An Awesome and Unique Adventure
Geneforge: Deja Vu
Geneforge: Come Again?
Geneforge: Been There, Done That
:biggrin:

@crpgnut
A tip for geneforge players. If you find a container that gives a spell, don't open it until you've already bought the skill as high as you can. That way it will give you a free high level of the skill. Same with creations. I always save my game before opening a container. A level 4 daze spell is extremely useful for a LONG time. It'll stun almost everything for two rounds, even bosses.

The Geneforge series is much more challenging, if you don't use any container. You can get a better ending, too.

@Hidden,

I always solo Geneforge. I'm almost forced to use the containers as a result. If I used creations, trying your way would be fun. I'm not sure if survival is possible with no containers AND no creations :) If someone is suicidal enough to try, feel free. The game has never held my interest long enough for me to finish any of them except G1. I gave up Geneforge for Legacy of the Ancients(home) and Legend of Blacksilver(work). I've fired up Vice on both machines and am ready for serious C64 gaming.

Geneforge: An Awesome and Unique Adventure
Geneforge: Deja Vu
Geneforge: Come Again?
Geneforge: Been There, Done That
:biggrin:

Yup. That would probably work for lowering expectations :) .

Back
Top Bottom