Gothic 3 no peeing

titus

Substitute Shinigami
Original Sin 2 Donor
it suddenly struck me, I haven't seen any npc pee.
i mean look at G2 you coulnd't walk a mile or you would probably see an npc pee
Anyone else know of an other part of the routines they didn't implement. or some new one they did implement?

Well, Don't know about routines...but they sure didn't include any half-way attractive ladies. Very un-Gothic like :-/

Thus no toilets in the game either!! :)

No I wans't really sure where to post it, might have been better in the normal gothic 3 forum, but guess its to late now

Most games doesn't support peeing :]. Adn BTW why did you put this into spoilers forum? Is it because it is xxx rated?

Urination is XXX? Do you work for the Moral Majority? ;)

I enjoyed peeing (fun game play speaking) :) in "Duke nukem" - he would stand at the wc bowl in the toilets and Duke would say "aaahh" (sigh) - he could flush the loo with the traditional loo sounds, turn on the water taps and hear running water sound, look in the mirror and say "handsom" (if i remember correctly) - i'm not sure if there were warm-air hand dryers?.....and though i understand we could not have those modernisms as such in G3, it's these little differences that go a long way when creating an in-game reality atmosphere. G1 was a smaller game yet it had a believable reality well suited to the gothic period.

... I won't mention that you could run around and urinate on things in Postal 2, and that if you urinated on people they would start vomiting, and that after finishing the game once you start again, you can pee napalm and light people on fire. It is all true, but I'm not going to mention it ...

Yeah baby, Postal 2 did it right :biggrin:.

it suddenly struck me, I haven't seen any npc pee.
i mean look at G2 you coulnd't walk a mile or you would probably see an npc pee
Anyone else know of an other part of the routines they didn't implement. or some new one they did implement?

Generally these "funny things" they had in G1/2 haven't made their way into the "Oblivion-Gothic-who-is-better-contest"-Game...the humans lost the war, why can't the be sarcastically like in the prison or some mercenarys at Onars? :(

Maybe one day we see the real G3 called "G3-AddOn" or "G4" :D

look in the mirror and say "handsom" (if i remember correctly) -.

I think he said "Damnnnnn, I'm looking goood."

Yeah bjon045, i think you're right, i also remember the auto answers were editable, so where Duke would say "come get some" or "a piece of cake" you could put in your own wav' file inserts. I remember experimenting with some shocking and unmentionable expletives!

But the main point remains, those "Duke Nukem" type games from earlier years had the ability to be varied or edited only because they were "shooters" and used repetitive lines, whereas in games such as the gothic series where the dialogues contain 'critical paths' to quests, then it would be inpractical to edit just for cosmetic reasons.

Therefore this is where the developers should insert and 'mould' the in-game atmospherics at source, like peeing, scratching, stone-kicking, apple-eating, beer-drinking, small-talking, yawning, hand-waving, beckoning....they're all there in G1....where the original atmosphere began.

I want to see a remake of G1 in full G3 graphics or better (without the technical issues, of course). The game has an amazing atmosphere, would be interesting to see if that great atmosphere could be transfered into a game with todays state of the art graphics.

I want to see a remake of G1 in full G3 graphics or better (without the technical issues, of course).

I'd be satisfied to see a remake of G3 itself in full G3 graphics or better without the technical issues.

/Xombie

This conversation turned from peeing into a remake of the Gothic series :D
I would love to see a bundled game of Gothic I, Gothic II+Addon & Gothic III in Gothic III graphics (or better) without the technical issues, bugs and with everything PB wanted to do implemented (e.g. That mine in Gothic where you get your pickaxe in the very beginning).
Maybe if they make Gothic IV with an editor (or add one to Gothic III) people would be able (and have the patience and time) to do it.

Sorry to dig up this old thread but it's relevant....

There is peeing in G3.! ! !

Well i can confirm Peeing is well and truly back on the agenda, today i saw a slave in Geldern peeing in a corner near some old ruined brickwork, then as i approached he whispered "we're waiting for your signal" :lol:

I doubt it has been added by the community patch or the 1.12 patch but not sure, the animation files would have had to be in the original file set.

I thought I already answered in this thread -> Peeing was available at least since 1.12 and I think even before. Still the problem that evolved from titus post so long ago, was that the atmosphere could be better. Like the devs(PB) said: Gothic 3 was to big and they got into over their heads. They didn't live on a tight time schedule (in the beginning of the development) while they should have done. Gothic 3 has only a sent of the previous gothics when it comes to atmosphere.

Back
Top Bottom