Gothic 3 - Patch 1.12 coming soon

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
It seems the next Gothic 3 patch will be made available today. Here's the changelog of the upcoming patch 1.12:

• Fixed ambient sound bug
  • Sound occlusion improved
  • Several physics and character movement bugs fixed
  • Inventory exploit fixed
  • Camera behaviour improved
Thanks to Lethal Weapon, who sent this in. :)

More information.

I'm sure this will be followed up with a barrage of angry posts on every Gothic 3 forum on the internet. :D Probably not what a lot of people hoped for (a total fix for the game), but nice anyway.

I'm having a great time with the game as it is. But that bug-fix list is a bit short considering the number of weeks that have passed. Taking further account of the mostly negative reviews so far, and the predominantly negative reaction about G3 in *most* forums about the game, I predict a lot of ugliness to follow.

By the way, I spell checked this before posting it. So any spelling police out there looking to point at this post and make fun of a misspelling, you're going to have to look elsewhere... move along, nothing to see here.

So any spelling police out there looking to point at this post and make fun of a misspelling, you're going to have to look elsewhere... move along, nothing to see here.
Crap ... if the spelling police come to these forums I think we're all in trouble ...

Crap ... if the spelling police come to these forums I think we're all in trouble ...

I actually did mispell the word, 'predominantly.' My spellchecker caught it before I posted my post. Whew.

Should North American players wait for their own version of the patch or is this one for all of us ?

According to this post this patch is a corrupted version and should be avoided!

Hmmm ... I can't access that site, but from WoG I see people installing and trying stuff out to check for improvements ... I installed and could load a game (didn't get to check anything).

what about the missing skills?
Skills that don't work?

Perhaps it's time for a mass request for a refund. That might get someones' attention.

Hmmm ... I can't access that site, but from WoG I see people installing and trying stuff out to check for improvements ... I installed and could load a game (didn't get to check anything).

Hello Txa!

I'm curious to know. Why aren't you able to access JW's site?

The guy that wrote the article, Glockenbeat, said the file is corrupted : can make it crash and can stop the game from running...

That is bad. M'kay!

Last edited:
And it has been removed. Even more disappointing. I think JoWood and PB are doing themselves considerable brand damage and need to explain their plans.

Ditto.

Whoever is calling the shots need to rethink twice what he is doing. or then it must have been quite a xmas party :p

Piranha bytes employee: *hick* wh..what do you think...should we just release it...I mean personally I have gotten enought of t..that bs from the fans and press already.."

Jowood employee: "hick* I don't care..just give me some of that beer damnit....wait look at those boobs..."

Aspyr employee: what..hey what are you doing!?..*slaps jw employee* "

Last edited:
Hello Txa!

I'm curious to know. Why aren't you able to access JW's site?

The guy that wrote the article, Glockenbeat, said the file is corrupted : can make it crash and can stop the game from running...

That is bad. M'kay!

Right. According to forums posts, it looks like the scripting engine isn't getting updated properly. In other words: It seems very likely that someone simply forgot to include a necessary patch file (a DLL).
Though it should be noted in all fairness, of course, that they never *officially* released the patch throughout the day. But whether them sneaky SOBs intentionally leaked it to test what the fans would report back (since it's become quite obvious that relying on the Romanian testers alone is not exactly enough), well, who knows...? :)

Back
Top Bottom