Witcher 2 Arena Mode sucks...

The Witcher 2

Ball_Breaker

Sentinel
…IMHO of course ;). Let me explain:

I've just played a bit, and even if the idea isn't that bad, I think that's bad developed, for just one reason: you do not fight against other enemies, but AGAINST YOUR OWN CHARACTER. I tried to play first with keyboard and then with my Xbox 360 controller, but in both ways Geralt is still too slow to response your commands; he still remains stuck when a enemy hits him, so you lose control for just the seconds necessary to die :p you can't do absolutely nothing about it… What a pity.
And not mentioning the you have to abuse of Signs, the invincibilty one especially, and of course CDP used the same escamotage that every game use at Hard difficulty: enemies are not smarter, they're just tougher to hit.
It's a shame, 'cause I really enjoyed the game, and some improvements were made, but Geralt's movements during fights are still too slow…
But fortunately, this is just a secondary mode :) ok, I've done ranting, good luck for everyone who wants to try the Arena.

I wasn't expecting much from the arena mode. In fact, I'm not sure if I'll even bother with it when I replay TW2.

No idea what you are talking about, Geralt is perfectly responsive on my system, I tried both x360pad and mouse + keyboard. Got to wave 38 or so on hard difficulty, then gave up because it was starting to repeat.

Arena is just a training ground anyway, it is good for some mindless killing for a while, nothing groundbreaking, and it would be silly to expect so.

The tutorial is mighty weak, too. It looks nice but it really fails when it tries to teach you anything. Witcher 1 did a much better job there.

Back
Top Bottom