Frayed Knights - Extremely limited 50% Off

Farmer Bob is the best quest early quest I've ever played.

Why is Chloe getting wiped out after one spell? This does not compute. In all of the games I played Chloe could always get off more than just one decent spell. She is my go-to-girl for bringing down the enemy.

A word of advice, Dirk is amazing if you give him autofade and dirty trick. I multi-classed him the first time around and still won, but the last time I made him a straight thief and turned Arianna into a paladin. That worked out great.

Ben is much stronger than you believe. Those writheroots spells are a blessing in disguise. I know no one thinks that debuffs do much, but it does help a lot. Angry flowers is no joke either.

It seems to me you aren't getting any skills that boost stamina, tone-down stamina use, or recover more stamina when resting. These are essential to any spellcaster.

Some players have had success with Mouse Jail ( http://www.dr-hoiby.com/MouseJail/ ) for the whole clicking off-screen problem.

I'm still working out some interface issues... and dealing with some computer issues, which has given me some technical difficulties over the last week getting stuff done...

The game is quite playable, these are niggles, not major issues. I'll just run in windowed-mode until it's patched.

@Skaven-My gal has only leveled once, so I haven't upgraded her much yet. She can fire off 2-3 level 1-2 spells, but the level 3-4 spells, one shot and she's done. It also seems to eat up a gem when I do that, and I've found maybe 4 gems total in the 3 dungeons I've visited. The 1-2 spells miss as often as hit and Chloe and the thief are useless in battle with weapons; at least so far. Nature boy and Fem warrior hit about 45% of the time, the other two much less. This may be bad luck, or it may be by design. I've had 3 incapacitations so far, but no party wipes. BTW, I think I might have leveled another time, I just haven't used the points yet.

Just take into consideration the classes. The different classes get certain bonuses. Read the manual on that part to find out the specifics, but it might help you decide in how to upgrade them.

The spell descriptions say whether or not they use a spellstone. You can pretty much guess what they are though. The area affecting spells almost always take a spellstone while single shot ones don't unless they are very powerful.

I'd also recommend getting the boosting skills for your spell level. Can't remember the exact name, but they make a big difference as well.

Invoke Snoring and Ben's sleep spell are your friends in the beginning. Use it and use it often to the detriment of the other spells. Poison also helps widdle down opponents in the back while your fighters take care of the ones in the front. By the time they get to the front it'll be a simple thing to take them out. Both Chloe and Ben have these spells.

The Divine priest spells are great for multi-classing your fighters (Arianna and Dirk). Most of them are buffs which don't need a roll to hit and the "cleanse the dead" spells are deadly against the undead.

Last edited:
Thanks, Skaven. I wasn't sure when to start multi-classing, but I did plan mutli-classing the thief and the nature priest. Maybe I'll do the warrior too, leaving Chloe as the blast 'em character.

She is powerful. Very very powerful. I really didn't use that many area affect spells with her unless the monsters were vulnerable to certain elementslike fire. Then I blast away.

My build for her was "upgrade spell skills" "Take every stamina related skill" and then buff up her brains.

Be careful if you decide to go Dark. You'll need to upgrade your charm if you want those spells to hit. The one thing about buffing spells is that you don't need to worry about your charm level or hitting them. They automatically work. It's those spells that target the baddies that you need to take into consideration your Charm level.

If other develpoers don't take notice of Jay's stamina system and try to copy it then I'll be very surprised. That is one of the best parts to this game. It's so logical that you wonder why no one has ever done this before and it adds a tactic to the game that just having straight mana can't do. It's the single most innovative feature in a game that I've seen in a long time.

I hope other companies will take notice and start offering our beloved Coyote some choice gaming contracts. I would love to see what he could do when properly funded. His imagination is great, he's proven he can innovate even an old genre like the blobbie and he's a great writer. In other words he needs to be funded like NOW :)

Anyway, have fun and good hunting. Don't get frustrated when you get to the tower. One last tip: DRAMA STARS!!!! Use the drama stars to recoup your stamina. If possible try to get two gold stars before using it. That way you can recoup everyone in the group, but if you can only get two bronze or silver then definitely use them on your casters. It saves you so much time than having to schlep back to town to sleep.

One last one: Don't use autoheal if you are low on HP/S. Just rest normally and heal through spells. It might seem like more of a hassle, but you are less likely to be hit by a random battle that way. After your done healing then rest one more time. That strategy worked out fine for me.

Last edited:
I've not been hoarding the stars or potions. I've never used autoheal, because of wandering baddies. I love wandering baddies, but I want to be healed/rested when facing them. I never go dark, but I'll have to remember charm means offensive spells hitting. That flower spell misses nearly 100% of the time for me, doing zero damage. Again, I'm like level 3 though.

Charm is used for priest spells, Brains for sorcery. You do have to worry about level caps with your attribute score (you can't cast priest spells higher than your charm score - plus feat improvements - or sorcery higher than brains - also plus feat improvements), but for defensive spells those are usually supplemental and don't need to be highest level anyway.

It'll be a bigger deal in future games, where being able to cast spells equal (or close) to your character level will be more of a challenge.

I know that I can cast augmented spells for both casters, so I've picked the right skills at least once ;)

Back
Top Bottom