Arakion - old school rpg - on Kickstarter

Lavidimus

Watcher
header.jpg

Hey, my name is Chris Taylor. Today I would like to present to you a project I’ve been working on called Arakion.

Arakion is a first person, group based RPG that includes extensive character customization, town building and adventuring in a story driven world. In the spirit of might and magic, it includes, a deep role-playing experience, there are forgotten dungeons to get lost in, plenty of puzzles and riddles to solve, vast open worlds to explore and a highly customizable character development system.

I’ve reached the stage in development where the core mechanics are essentially finished, the art style has been defined and I’m ready to move into full time development. This is why I have started a Kickstarter campaign. It would mean alot to me if you could take a second to view the the campaign, watch the video, learn all that Arakion has to offer and if you like it, consider funding!

Kickstarter Page

Early Dev Diary Videos
Developer Diary 1 :: Developer Diary 2

nightscene.jpg

slimedungeon.jpg

ogreattack.jpg

Around the web
Facebook :: Twitter :: Indie DB

I saw your thread a while back on the Unity forums and was definitely intrigued and impressed by what you've been working on. Cool to see that you're going forward with a Kickstarter. This has a very interesting art style / world design and high quality too. Also the game mechanics sound interesting and I'm a big fan of old-school grid-based RPGs.

I'll certainly consider pledging and will spread the word. Good luck!

I saw your thread a while back on the Unity forums and was definitely intrigued and impressed by what you've been working on. Cool to see that you're going forward with a Kickstarter. This has a very interesting art style / world design and high quality too. Also the game mechanics sound interesting and I'm a big fan of old-school grid-based RPGs.

I'll certainly consider pledging and will spread the word. Good luck!

Awesome, thank you very much for the kind words! I hope that this style of gameplay can come back in, as I really loved it growing up. If there is anything I can answer for you in regards to the game just let me know.

This looks interesting. I'll have to look more into it, to see if the gameplay will appeal to me, because my budget is severely limited, but I just wanted to say that, of what I'm seeing in the screenshots and the video, this game's looks are incredible.

Looks neat! Put in a pledge and have linked to all the people I know. :)

Awesome, thanks for the great responses! I really appreciate any time you have to spare looking through the game, thanks a ton for backing darkling and if you can't back it holeraw no worries, I know these games don't appeal to everyone. If you do like the project though, whether you back it or not, I'd love it if you could tell your friends about it so that we make sure it happens.

Graphic and art style look very pretty.Leveling and equipment system sound very different from other games which I definitively appreciate no matter how it turns out in final product(not that I am pessimistic).I am definitively going to back later this month when I receive my paycheck.

Also just a thought:Have you consider putting your game on greenlight it might get you attention you need.

Looks very nice, going to pledge too :D

A few mini-comments:
1. Clicking the ent on the website seems a bit tough for me.
2. The stats for the ent: It says "averate" not average.
3. You might want to put the developer diary videos on the kickstarter page too.

Question time:
1. The diary you posted with the weapons: it seemed like you didn't have much choice on where to go. Is that just a little example and will the gameworld be more open and not as linear in the game itself?
2. Why isn't the mouse used to look around and maybe have a keyboard key to activate things like switches ?

@Carnifex my sincerest thanks, I really appreciate it.

@Nameless One: Thanks! I really appreciate the support, I'll greenlight if it comes to that but I've wanted to avoid it in it's infancy at the moment.

@Pladio: Sorry about the bugs on the website. The weapons are very very open ended, that was just an early test version, thanks for mentioning that one, one of the updates I'll show you the "map" of the monk weapons. Mouse is used to look around as well as keyboard, Keyboard will be able to activate base objects like doors and such, but you'll have to use the mouse to click on hidden and smaller things.

I had to do some searching to determine that this isn't that Chris Taylor, nor is it the other Chris Taylor. Not that the world is short of space for Chris Taylors, of course. There certainly seems to be no law of conservation of ChrisTaylorness when it comes to game designing prowess.

@pladio: Might need to put this one in the FAQ, three in a row. The game will have leveled areas as well as open world exploration. It'll be more or less a blend of both, open world allows for exploration that people love, while levels allow me to put in a lot of cool scripted things for you guys.

@epithumia: hahaha, I've had a lot of people confuse me with the other two, It's not intentional I just happen to have the same name.

@Drithius: Awesome! Thanks for backing I really appreciate it. I'm glad you like the mechanics, it's a bit different than traditional RPGs but so far the response has been good

@Pladio Thanks for the questions and the interest, if you have any other questions feel free to ask them and I'll get back with you as quickly as possible.

@Shagnak: Excellent news! Thanks for planning to pledge. I spent a lot of time developing the look of the game so I hope everyone enjoys it.

Just wanted to take a second out to say thanks to all the RPGWatch supporters of Arakion. You guys and gals were one of the highest on the first day incoming pledge list, so thank you!

Back
Top Bottom