Drakensang - Community Interview and GC News

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Drakensang.info posted their translation of the latest community Q&A with the Drakensang devs.
1. In what extend can the Archetypes be customized during the character generation process ?

The generation at the beginning of the game is split between a standard and an expert mode, to allow non-TDE player to begin directly, and give TDE players the chance to adjust their character statistics.
The adjustments are expected to be within the range of the (start-)adventure points that one can use to increase talents and spells, and to purchase tokens and special skills. So in the expert mode the already distributed points of the Archetypes can be re-distributed again.
The same site also posted 3 new screenshots.
Publisher dtp / Anaconda announced today that they will show a playable version of Drakensang at the Games Convention.
More information.

FYI: The playable demo can only be seen during Bernd Beyreuther's presentation of Drakensang on Friday and Saturday, 14h. Hall 02, Booth F40.

I know, several german game sites wrote that you will be able to play yourself, but that's not true. I asked dtp's new community manager Bettina Korb for that, she confirmed, that this is not correct.

(BTW: Former community manager Olgierd Cypra left Anaconda for another job in the industry)

Yes, he followed all the other dtp guys. ;)

I assumed dtp would have mentioned it more clearly if their intention had been to let everybody play, like Ascaron did for example in their Sacred 2 MP annoucement. That´s why I wrote "they will show a playable version". dtp plays, the visitors can enjoy the show. ;)

I just wanted to add that I don't own the English-language version of the current TDE ruleset, so I was not sure in all terms (but at least there's a web site where I could look, www.thedarkeyerpg.com), and especially I don't know the translationed names of the two herbs mentioned in the last sentence. The "Vierblättrige Einbeere" could literally be translated as "fourleaf one-berry", but of course that's what I just made up in my mind. I doubt that this is the correct translation.
"Wirselkraut" would be translated as "Wirselherb" or so, since "Kraut" mostly means "herb". So, if you call a German a "Kraut", then you mean in most cases a "Herb". ;)

Sauerkraut isn't a herb, it's made of cabbage. That's salad. ;)

Yes, but who knows if Sauerkraut is actually meant ? ;)
I was referring to the word "kraut" as such.

Yes, but who knows if Sauerkraut is actually meant ? ;)
I was referring to the word "kraut" as such.

No, you were not :) . You said that when someone is calling a German a Kraut that you are effectively calling that German a "herb". This is incorrect because the term "Kraut" for a German is derived from Sauerkraut which foreigners seem to believe is one of our favorite foods (yuck... if you want to see me puke my guts out then feed me some Sauerkraut and I shall deliver ;) ). So, actually when you're calling someone a Kraut, you are not calling them a "herb" but -as Avantenor pointed out- you're making references to Sauerkraut which is made from cabbage (German = Kohl).

So, you call a German after Helmut Kohl, the Chancellor ?

One of the most healthy foods. I only like it when it´s made in a pan. Not the slimy cooked stuff. But YMMV. One country´s speciality is feed to the pigs in the other. (Green curly kale is popular in Germany but according to a TV show not sold as food for humans in Poland.)

Schupfnudeln and Sauerkraut, that's great stuff.

Yep, I well remember a miserable old German being referred to as a Sour Kraut!! :)

I actually like the stuff!!

There is an interesting little tidbit in PC Games' GC Drakensang coverage. It looks like they are in negotiations with Guido Henkel (the head honcho behind the original Realms of Arkania trilogy and also Planescape Producer) to bring back some of the music from the original games. The deal is not finalized yet though. They are just talking about it. Would surely be nice though :) .

Now that sounds like a great idea. Hope it works out!!

Back
Top Bottom