Guild Wars 2 - Bazaar of the Four Winds Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
NCSoft announced that Guild Wars 2’s newest update in its two-week Living World major release schedule" Bazaar of the Four Winds" is available. In this newest update merchants are converging from all corners of Tyria to sell their wares.

New Events

-Belcher’s Bluff Mini-game: Players can challenge their friends in this new, permanent mini-game.

-Sanctum Sprint Race: Navigate a dizzying obstacle course in this competitive race.

-Lessons from the Sky Scavenger Hunt: Players will need to show their mastery of wind, sun and lightning as they search for Sky Crystals and explore hard-to-reach places in the Labyrinthine Cliffs.

New Rewards

-Aspect Back Items: Players can compete in the Sanctum Sprint for a chance to earn one of three special back items representing the aspects of wind, sun and lightning.

-Personal Quartz Node: Players completing the update will be able to harvest quartz in their home instances, allowing them to craft new recipes.

-Zephyr Sanctum Model: Players who complete the Lessons from the Sky achievement will be awarded a miniature model of the Zephyr Sanctum, allowing them to view the ship at any time, even after it has flown away.

New Features

-Account Achievement Reward System: Starting with this release, players can unlock rewards like exclusive new armour skins, weapon skins and permanent account bonuses as they earn achievement points. They can also earn laurels, gems, gold, powerful items, and PvP and WvW rewards as achievement scores grow.

-New PvP Map – Skyhammer: Players can battle for control of three capture points in the new Skyhammer map.
More information.

This has been a fun update. I never even played Mario Kart, but I'm having a ball with the Mario-Kart-style race.

Sounds like another bunch of superficial "fun" little activities. Great for the fans, I suppose.

I'd like if they started added something with a little meat on it, though.

Five-man PvP is the meat of the game to me. It's never going to be a game for raiders.

Raider? I'm not a raider.

But you're right, it's never going to be a game for people who're into raiding, open world PvP, housing, sandbox features and so on.

Fair enough - and we all like different things.

Back
Top Bottom