Blackguards - Delayed to January

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Daedalic Entertainment has announced Blackguards will release in January 2014 on PC in this new press release. This is sad news but at least it's not a long delay.

Hamburg, October 16th, 2013 – Acclaimed German Publisher, Daedalic Entertainment have today announced the upcoming turn-based RPG Blackguards will release in January 2014 on PC. A step away from the adventure games Daedalic are known for, Blackguards sees the Hamburg based publisher break new ground in terms of genre as well as the dark storylines the game follows. New screenshots for the game have also been released.

"Of course we want to ensure the highest quality, even if we tread on new ground; and most of all, we want the players to enjoy the finished game.", Kai Fiebig says, Senior Producer of Blackguards.

"All the time we've gained now will be used to put as much effort as possible into improving the game. We'll optimize performance, implement new features and also polish the visuals."
More information.

I thought the same. Maybe they learned from the Blade Of Destiny desaster (although it's a completely different firm) ?

I don't think that this is anyhow related to BoD. Afaik the TDE setting is the only common ground.

Amen saki :)

Delaying a game doesn't necessarily mean it will release in a polished state, just that they haven't got it working yet. Often the suits get a bit queasy after a few delays and toss it out the door, ready or not.

Delaying a game doesn't necessarily mean it will release in a polished state, just that they haven't got it working yet. Often the suits get a bit queasy after a few delays and toss it out the door, ready or not.

I am a beta tester for this.
I am really enjoying the process of Beta testing the game. Normally it is a chore.
That's all I can say I think :-/

Back
Top Bottom