Age of Conan - GC Preview @ Strategy Informer

Asbjoern

N'wah
Funcom has showed off new features for Age of Conan at this year's Games Convention in Leipzig, and Strategy Informer has written up a preview of Funcom's demonstration:
Another big point of feed back that the team has taken onboard is the lack of dungeons, and so not only have they added more, especially high end instances, they have also listened to the players and gone back and re-done a couple of the original dungeons as well.

One of these was Blackcastle, which has been completely revamped to incorporate the new features, which include traps and better loot generation. Other new dungeons included a level 80 dungeon in the Thunder River area, and a dungeon known only as the House of Kron.

The demonstration also showed off another new feature, which isn’t limited to dungeons: Environment based quests. Instead of every quest coming from a person, specially created bits of environment or points of interest can generate quests. Like a severed torso lying randomly on an alter for example.
Note that at the end of the preview Strategy Informer writes, that they were showed "a teaser for the upcoming expansion pack".
More information.

With WH around the corner, I pretty sure nobody's interested and certain that I'm not.

I'll be playing AoC and then WoW: Wotlk. Two is more than enough for me, so I'll skip Warhammer.

To be honest I'm surprised there are people even interested and looking forward to Warhammer Online. It looks so much like WoW. Same more orcs, same more elves, same more dwarves? Been there, done that.

At least AoC tried to be a bit different both in settings and gameplay, albeit not with much success... but it tried.

I just fail to see what WH brings to the market. What audience is it aiming at? People bored from EQ2 or WoW? Those people won't give up their guilds and friends and habits for a game that's so similar, or are they?

Back
Top Bottom