Dragon Age: Inquisition - Love, Romance & Relationships

aries100

SasqWatch
Game Informer continues their coverage on DA: Inquisition. This time they've talked to Mike Laidlaw, David Gaider and Luke Kristjanson about romances, love and relationsships in the DA: games.

On romances in the DA games, Mike Laidlaw has this to say:

"You need to make sure they're a real character and a person first." Once BioWare forms the history and motivations, the writers sit down to address how many romance options they need, and begin dissecting their characters.
Bioware makes sure they've covered relationships

from every angle. This forces the team to look beyond just the premise and into what implications it presents. "Are there issues of feminism or other problematic elements? What are we saying about this character we aren't intending to?" Gaider says. "We have to think about all those issues first and try to distill it down into a set of stories that we want to tell and feel good about telling."
According to Luke Kristjanson

"The player has to meet us halfway," Kristjanson says. "If they're going on an adventure with a love interest in the story, again that entire adventure is part of their romance, whether we label it romance or not."
More information.

It's a Bioware game of course there will be romance. Lets start another debate again that romance isn't needed in RPGs as it's a staple of these topics.:lol:

PS- (Doesn't bother me as it does others)

Also thanks Aries. I enjoy the new newsbits with all the information.:thumbsup:

Romance isn't needed in RPGs!
Um... Right. In Bioware's games seems it's needed for whatever reason. Hopefully Morrigan will be an option, hopefully it'll be written okay and I won't mind listening to Claudia Black sweet whispers.

Back
Top Bottom