Vital 3.0 SDK

OK I've managed to open th resource.qre file with .qre vital engine. I've re-installed firebird and it worked.Do you now the number of french localisation statues.When I choose french langage in Unigen export, sometimes there's an error or sometimes there's a "nothing to export".When it works no french language appears. I don't know if developers had really done french language translation or just english.

Any idea?

What's the error? OLE something? I've found that the export / import only works with Excel 2007.

There's quite a bit of French in there but lots missing, I've exported all of the strings for you:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4qnrh9

What's the error? OLE something? I've found that the export / import only works with Excel 2007.

There's quite a bit of French in there but lots missing, I've exported all of the strings for you:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4qnrh9

Thank you for the file but you are right : it doesn't work with excel 2003.I doesn't manage to open the file. I will get a 2007 version.

I don't managed to install openoffice 2007 (erreur 1406 with vista).No way to install it anymore. So i've installed OpenOffice and the files you shared seems to be corrupted. Can you put another one or is this a problem with my PC ?

The files are OK, and if you can't get excel 2007 then you can use 2003 with the compatibility pack:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/s...powerpoint-2007-file-formats-HA010168676.aspx

You might already have this installed - try renaming my excel file to have a .xlsx extension and opening it in 2003. If it doesn't work then you'll need to install the compatibility pack.

This will allow you to edit the excel file, but not upload it to the resource file - you'd still need a working copy of MS Excel 2007 installed for that.

The problem is i can't re-install Office 2003 and 2007 (problem with the administrator rights and the registry).I've tried anything to solve this problem but nothing worked.Maybe i will re-install all my system in order to open just one file:'(

The problem is i can't re-install Office 2003 and 2007 (problem with the administrator rights and the registry).(

You could always go ahead and edit the files I send to you with OpenOffice. In the end you'll need badmofos help to get the info into the resource.qrc anyway ;).

Thank you to be very patient with me.I didn't know how to escape windows' office problems. So there are still some french traductions in the texte. At last I will begin the translation.
What's the step?
- I translate the texte
- File must be converted into excel 2007
- the file will be imported into " .qre vital engine "
Right?
If so i wil be able just to translate.
After i leave you alone and I stop bothering you

Yes once you've completed the translation then you'll need to update the 'resource.qrc' file with your new text using the QRE editor (or I can do this step for you if you like).

Good luck - it's a lot of work!

Hello Badmofo, would you like to generate a resource.qre file with my excel file.I translate it with the "free online document translator" site and i would like to know if it works and how is tre translation in game.Thanks you so much.

Last edited:
Hi benorun974,

Yes am happy to do that but I've just realised that this is the precursors thread, and I uploaded the White Gold strings for you - is that what you ran through the translator? If yes then I'm very sorry - I'm more into White Gold personally so just assume everyone else is too!

I can export the Precursors strings for you if that's the game you're trying to translate. Let me know.

So you tell me I've began translate white gold game:lol:.Don't worry it can happen. I find it funny.I understand better some translation i made : it did not do science-fiction.
Fortunately I didn't translate too much sentences it's a very long translation (over 47000 lignes)

So yes if you can export precursors strings for me it will be cool.

Thank you Badmofo. There seems to have less strings than white gold file but less strings ever translated.It will be the same work to do. So lets go translating...:cool:

Hello Badmofo. It's been a long time i didn't play Precursors and stop the translantion because of a crash of my PC. Could you please re-upload precursors strings because megaupload is definitly dead. Thank you so much

Back
Top Bottom