Divinity Divine Divinity Quest

Divine Divinity and Other games

Relayer

Keeper of the Watch
So I'm playing Div Div again after stopping to play something else last year and getting a bit further than last time.

Anyway, something pleasantly surprising happened last night. I came across 2 merchants on a road who were delivering some goods and whose wagon wheel broke. So they asked me to go into to town and get a replacement part and asked me to do it quickly because the roads were not safe.

So of course I did some other stuff and took my sweet time thinking in most RPGs I've played, the URGENCY in these types of quests are just for show, for theatrics. But a long time afterwords I get the replacement wheel and go to where the cart was - AND it was destroyed, still in flames with impaled body parts next to it.

Now I'm wondering if this was scripted to happen whether I went straight for the replacement part and came back in a reasonable amount of time or if I had a chance to save them... anyone come across this quest?

Because if I did have time to save them, then this game - which I already liked a lot - just got better!!! And I can start worrying about a boy who got lost and is reputed to be in some cave - his poor mom asked me to go and find him and of course...

I still remember this scene, but I don't remember whether it's really urgent or not. Too long ago ...

Divine Divinity Appreciation

I'm really appreciating this game the more I play.

Just got to Stormfist Castle and have become Protector of the Divine One and have experienced some really hilarious dialogue/quests. JANUS must die!

A lot of dialogue in fact - makes me wonder if those who called the game a Diablo clone did indeed play it for more than a few hours.

And Larian put in so many nice little details. That spell that encases your enemies in ice and freezes them for instance: awesome how the ice gives off light if you cast it at night. Also love how night actually IS pitch black as opposed to other games.

I don't think you can save them. The cart being destroyed is part of the quest.

Back
Top Bottom