Bethesda Softworks - Fallout 4 Hoax

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
If any of you were following the latest Fallout 4 rumors turns out it was a Hoax.

There are increasing indications that the survivor2299.com website was part of an elaborate hoax to troll Fallout fans, rather than an official viral tease of any sort, and true to that, Bitdefender Antivirus now warns that it's blocking the page due to malware. Bethesda seems to finally be addressing this, as Bethesda Blog tweets: "PSA: If you don’t hear it through an official channel like this, assume all rumors and speculation are false." They blame their extremely tardy clarification on not taking the 10 million blog posts and forum comments about this seriously at first, saying "@CrashRakashe we avoid responding to rumors and speculation, but did wanted to respond once people took it more seriously." The first report we saw on this suggested it was a fake, but there have been various indications since then further confusing the issue, including the website apparently being registered to Zenimax. IncGamers recaps the whole shebang, which included another viral site launching yesterday that also seems to be Fallout related, but this is apparently also part of the original hoax, and has likewise been disavowed by Zenimax, who say: "Not us. We’re looking into who is doing this."
Thanks go to Bluesnews for this news-bit.

More information.

That was one hell of a hoax. It makes me wonder how far off Fallout 4 really is. :thinking:

Unless the whole hoax thing is a hoax... :)

Troll 2.0

Haha, but then it was a really cool hoax. The thing, so simple and yet firing up the imagination! Well played! ^^

IIRC I said the first day it's a site hosted in Poland and as such is fake.
It was not cool hoax, there is no such thing as cool hoax. Well... Maybe. I wish someone makes a hoax on pay2win games and phonegames too. That'd be cool.

IIRC I said the first day it's a site hosted in Poland and as such is fake.
It was not cool hoax, there is no such thing as cool hoax. Well… Maybe. I wish someone makes a hoax on pay2win games and phonegames too. That'd be cool.

Didnt knew you hate phonegames? :p

Hate? You can't hate junk, can you? But you can despise human stupidity. If it's not too much of effort for the brain.

Back
Top Bottom