The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I have some materials for GS crafting on my toons including pebbles, funks etc.. I will bring my paladin to the raid, but will use my favored soul to get rhogu flagged. I have enough small and medium ingredients to get you crafted with tier 1 and tier 2 items. I just have to transfer items from my favored soul to my paladin prior to the shroud run.

Please tell if you intend to do some crafting of a blank and tier 1 +2 crafting after the Shroud so I bring my materials on my paladin so I can give you what you need.

It would be good if you plan what you will craft before we start playing. I will forward the shards I pull in the Shroud to those of you who will craft. If it's your first run then you will always get one regular shard of power.

Also remember to bring a weapon with silver + holy /good if you're a melee character. That's the DR breaker for the pitfiend in part 4 and 5. If you haven't got one then we better pray for getting an artificer in the group so he can cast silver weapon enchantment on your weapon. Then you need one with holy / good.

Then Cm could perhaps send the pebble via in-game mail to dte ?

Also remember to bring a weapon with silver + holy /good if you're a melee character.

I can lend a good scimitar. "Good" in terms of align.

Edit : Besides, it is also possible to craft "holy arrows" …

Edit : Satire : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4316530#post4316530

New U13 release notes from Lammannia : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=206066

Celebrating DDO's 6th Birthday!

* Each character created prior to the February 3rd Lamannia update will have received a slice of birthday cake! This cake slice has the power to summon a cake loving Djinni, who will trade with you for “Nice Things”! Characters created prior to Update 13 on the live servers will receive a slice of the birthday cake once Update 13 is available, so feel free to start making some characters on live today!

Players can now craft Righteous, Armor Bonus +6, and Armor Bonus +7 Shards.

Rogue Hirelings no longer have a nonfunctional Sneak ability on their hotbar. They now have Search, Open Lock, Action Boost: Damage, and Action Boost: Haste.

Death Knights have been buffed, and are now considered Undead instead of Human for their monster Type.

Monsters with rogue levels and the Sneak Attack ability now have the ability to reduce fortification to personal attacks to some degree. For example, a CR 10 bugbear assassin with 4 Sneak Attack dice will now be able to critically-hit someone with heavy fortification approximately 10% of the time. That same bugbear will be unable to critically hit a character with 110% fortification.

Guild component vendors now sell components for bards, rangers and paladins.

Text has been added to dungeons that use color-based puzzles or pressure plates to help color-blind players.

Cannith Crafting Essences will now appear in chests on Epic difficulty.

Somewhat funny :
The Catacombs

The Crypt of Gerard Dryden

* Changed the dungeon description to state that this is an "extremely challenging" dungeon for its level.

Endgame: Marguerite

* Removed the description that this was an "extremely challenging" dungeon for its level.

LOL ! :lol:

Last edited:
Taxi time will be around 9, so 2 hours into the session. We could probably knock out the Shroud run ahead of time if the group so desired.

No worries on the pebble, folks. I'm trying to at least build the blanks on my own before I mooch off of Peter. ;)

I haven't taken inventory of the small and medium matls I have, but I don't have many. To make Wouldii's goggles (imm-blind, imm-disease, +15/+20hp, +2/+3 STR skills, slay living guard), he'll need:
SMALL: 2 arrows, 1 bones, 2 chains, 2 scales, 2 shrapnel, 3 sulfur, 5 low cells
MEDIUM: 2 arrows, 0 bones, 2 chains, 2 scales, 3 shrapnel, 3 sulfur, 5 med cells

You can purchase the ability to have stuff repaired in a dungeon from the DDO store.

From the newest DDO shop offerings :

Until February, 23rd : A free "summoned repair shop" per account,
coupon code is : BBPLW1

http://www.ddo.com/us/ddostoresale

There is a rebate on "guild renown elixirs", too.

I have all what Wouldii needs except the shard of power and greater shard of power. I expect you have the blank already? If not I can give you vale mats to craft the blank before we do the Shroud.

I will swap my small and medium items over to my pally so wouldii can craft his item. We can certainly do the Shroud first and them work on getting Rhogu flagged doing quests where we can let the stone parts and mat go to those who need them. Rainbow is not so hard and I think you get pebbles there.

Cm, do you intend to do Shroud with Kerriatao? Do you have the signet stone for her and an idea of what kind of item you would like? Then we could maybe craft the blank for you ahead of the Shroud run. If you login slightly earlier than the start time we can make sure you get the mats you need to make the blank. I guess you have the shroud planner so you can decide upon what you want to craft.

Sounds like a plan if she has the stone. I will log her in soon and swap and move and sort out the what and where's.

@Alrik thanks for the freebee reminder….forgot all about them. That will be a nice one to have for nasty quests.

@Dte...I have a few of those med items....so will just give all mine to Peter for now (as that is where they came from after I crafted my stuff) and we can go from there. Be easier on my brain and Peter's. lol

Well ... Mommoth Valley was a fine place. But very confusing. In the end, 1 Stone Spirit was still left, and I couldn't find it, regardless of my searching skillz. ;)

Was struck me was that the main person of the valley - no, not the adventurer ;) - was actually a very intelligent one. Not only did he muse on wht would be his possible profession (others would rathr regard that as gibberish, I guess, because they are too lazy to thinkl about it, especially while zerging - no, and I don't mean you, I'm just speaking in general), but he lso believed in "spirits" because they were real (in contrast to real life spirits which just can't beat you to death, therefore they don't exist).

When I had read the name "Mammoth Valley" at first, I had thought of a far and wide, almost gigantic plain in which real mammoths were travelling through. this was ht I had expected. I should have been more suspicious because of the word "valley". In the end, it wasn't a wide valley with a great plain within it, either similar to Gondolin).

It seems as if I'm almost through with Shan-To-Kor.

The most interesting loot was 1 "Astral Diamond" and 1 "Potion Of Guild Renown", or how it is called. Seems to be a lesser one. I had seen both only in the DDO shop before, nowhere else.

But now I'm tired, because … no matter how good the levels were, it became a bit boring in the course of time.
I'm not a great dungeon-crawler.

Edit : Interesting info : Seemingly even artificer "pets" can carry one soulstone to a shrine ! http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4319652#post4319652

Last edited:
My favored soul will craft his third Greensteel item (not weapon) and would like some advise to what to get. He has the following items already

Weapon: Usually using Belashyrra's scepter for bonus to dmg and healing, but can use:
GS longsword with: holy, exceptional wis +1, solid fog and soon exceptional wis +2. I use this one when casting spells which can be resisted

GS Items:
Goggles: HP item
T3 min II. 45hp, heavy fort, +6 con skills, +5 protection, stoneskin 2/day. Used essence of cleansing on it

Bracers: SP item
T3 earth. Wizardry VI, +6 wis skills, +150sp, summon sense earth elemental 2/day, earthgrab. Will use essence of cleansing today when I do I 40th run.

I now have a GS blank cloak with ingredients for all 3 tiers and wonder what to craft.

Option 1: Immunity item
T3 negative: Blindness, disease, fear and poison immunity, Symbol of weakness 3/day, Deathblock, slay living guard

Option 2: Concordant opposition item
Tier 1 positive: Minor good guard ?? Is it useful. Or +5 will save?
Tier 2 negative: fear and poison immunity, +6 wis, +10 diplomacy and +10 haggle
Tier 3 Stalemate II: Superior healing lore, concordant opposition (change to regain hp/sp if hit)

I guess putting healing lore on tier 1 is useless since it doesn't stack with superior healing lore.

I have deathblock on my silver flame necklace, but it could be good to free up the necklace slot. The other immunities can be dealt with using pots. So the T3 negative item is more of a convenience.

The concordant opposition item looks tempting, but is the superior healing lore really necessary for a fvs? It's about 10% chance for critical on heals.

Since I don't melee, but fight with spells I wonder if concordant opposition will really help me. I get aggro sometimes from blade barriers, searing lights etc. so I get hit from time to time, but not like a melee character. I also struggle to find a good tier 1 use since the positive options seem rather useless.

I use the sora kell set for +6 cha, +6 wis, +6 str, but can probably free up the helmet slot of I go for the concordant opposition item. I lose true seeing, but it's not a big deal.

Do you have any suggestions to what item would help us the most?

Won't the healing lore also save some spell points because your heal has a bigger effect every 10 heals. When you heal a Shroud as a favored soul you need to use a lot of minor mass heals and they give maybe 100-200hp. If you sometimes get a critical you don't need to hit the next heal as fast.

For Shroud I guess I click heal about 100 times during a run. So that means I will get a critical about 10 times. If an average heal costs me 50 sp it means I could maybe save up to 500sp in total. I'm not sure if that is important since I use potions.

Having an immunity item is very convenient since I will then only have to worry about curses.

I took the tier1 healing lore for Bot's bracers. Figured that it made some sense given his role, plus it lined me up for mineral2 which was the real goal. I don't know that healing lore is all that useful for "non-healbots", but it's not like it would hurt.

I'm disappointed : I had an issue with the game.

Doing "Partycrashers", having been something around 2 hours (1 at least, becausae the ship buffs were long gone after I had my ... issie, and the ship buffs last 1 hour), I lost connection.
Normallyit helps when I jump out of that quest, restart the PC, and jump into it again. Normally, it is still "active", then, or I'm even placed to the exact spot where I had left the quest.

But this was not so this time. I was outside of the Chaperhouse, the quest was not flagged anymore as being "active", and what's worse, the hiriling was shown to still be active ! *Outside* of the Chapterhouse ! I think I've found a bug here.

The quest was nice and interesting, but in the end the sheer length of the halls made it a chore.
Which has led me to the question: Why aren't there any "short" or "medium" quests for the higher levels anymore ?

Will try again tomorrow or the day after that.

Would be nice to run "Partycrashers" with you as a group, by the way.
If this is possible - I mean to run the quest outside of the chain.

And yes, I've seen the Pink Floyd reference, too ... ;)

Of course you crashed out, why do you think it's called PartyCRASHERS!! :) Remind me what level it is; I may have a char which could assist you later this week; like tomorrow.

I was in it with my ranger who has level 9. ;)

Of course this resulted in some experience points getting lost.

Maybe I'll try it with my wizard, too ?

I have never used anything but Quickened Mass Heal in the Shroud, and every other raid I've ran. Not once have I needed to pop anything else. It over heals as it is, so a crit would be massive over healing. I can count on one hand the number of characters I've seen with 1k plus hp.

On Mirys, I usually burned more sp keeping Divine Punishment on top of Harry than on Mass Heals. In particularly good groups, I've stood in melee, healed, and DPed the sucker. Prior to switching to mass heal on the advice on a veteran Cleric I met in a Hound run, I tried using Mass Cures in raids. I burned through a LOT of SP doing that. After I stopped and started only using Mass Heal, I've usually ended up with some left.

Remember, your 200pt Mass Cures come at the cost of Empowering/Maximizing them. Mass Heal will do 300 points with no metas on other than Quicken. It is much more efficient than spamming mass cures. Going full out, you add about as much in meta magic costs as you do casting Mass Heal.

Furthermore, not casting over the other divine if there is one saves even more sp. No need for two Mass Heals at once, no group needs that much healing.

In HoX, VoD, and ToD, I've usually scroll healed the tank, Quicken Mass Heal the doggies and party as needed. With a good group, you almost don't need to heal anyone but the tank, and with a good tank, you never need to burn a single sp point on healing, especially as a FvS, but even as a Cleric.

Typically, if someone in melee cannot survive a Mass Heal cooldown, they are not really capable of being in melee.

Now if you could find Arcane Lore, that is good to get, as that affects all your spells. Blade Barriers included.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom