The Witcher - Enhanced Edition Available in May

This is great news and I thoroughly applaud it.

But seriously, buy it again? When you get most of the good stuff as a free download? If I needed another copy for some other reason I could see getting this new one as the way to go, but otherwise you're effectively doubling the cost of the game for yourself.

The only game I have two copies of is NWN, and that's because my second copy came free with the NWN2 collectors edition!

If you have the money, it's a nice way to thank the developers of the game for making so many improvements for free :)
Really looking forward to its release.

Someone's got to ask it: will there be only one version? Or one for mature adults that can handle nipples in their game without freaking out, and another for the US?

Someone's got to ask it: will there be only one version? Or one for mature adults that can handle nipples in their game without freaking out, and another for the US?

They haven't decided yet.

These enhancements are going into place for a 360/ps3 release? It makes sense to polish it up for new reviews and a larger market.

I'm undecided.

I feel like "no, this isn't the real thing. Wait a few months and you'll get it, eventually".

*sighs*

And what are they going to do with the so far unsold copies of the game ?

5 additional hours of play,
extra dvd + 2 x CDs
80 page instruction booklet,
112 page guide,
50 page short story
+other significant updates
+extra modules?

I allready have the CE but in this case I dont want to get anything for free so Im more than willing to pay for that as an "addon". There are plenty of addons that dont last more than 5-10 hours (i.e in shooters) and this one comes with horde of other stuff too.

I need to make room for another bookshelf.

Regarding the dialogue improvements...

Official CDProjekt's comment on the English version states that it's lack of quality was due to a time AND (espiecially) character limit in the dialogue lines. They have announced that over 5000 lines of dialogue will be rewritten and dubbed again (thet's kind of PRish, but sounds promising). This update will be released with the enhanced edition (therefore should be available to download for registered users from the Witcher's official site).

On the other hand that's kind of a sting against Atari, if all these rumors are true that Atari cut down some dialogue lines.

On the other hand that's kind of a sting against Atari, if all these rumors are true that Atari cut down some dialogue lines.

They already talked about that - time dictated what they had in the current release (which is still fine if you ask me). The Witcher had already been given several time extensions but it was quite important to get it out when it did. Now that it is out they have the time to improve it further. Fine - it's their money, but personally the improvement to the game that redoing the dialogue would bring would not be worth the money IMHO - I'd rather they gave us something else for the money :) (Though, seeing as they are giving us lots of other things to I can't really complain :p )

Back
Top Bottom