Best music in RPG?

Gothic 3 music really took me away, Gothic 2 tntor also was unique, the new world (Jharkendar).

Gothic 3, Morrowind, Deus ex 1 come first in my mind. These games have so many memorable and inspiring themes. Also baldur's gate 2 has quite a few majestic pieces..the main theme for one always gets my heart bumping.

Outside rpgs..Both max payne are worth of mentioning..Really memorable scores. :)

Starting 10 years ago, especially with RPG's, I've thought there should be a category in the Grammies for Video Game music (although the Oscar's have a best song category I don't think the Grammies have a best song in a movie category).

The only drawback would be that the awards would likely go to some Japanese made thing and forget about past greats like Stones or the technology of the Mockingboard.

But seriously, what other medium has revived interest in classical music other than video games?

Arcanum; Fallout; Fallout 2; Planescape: Torment; Divine Divinity. While Gothic 3 has a good soundtrack on its own i think it's too damn dramatic for such a long game.

I know it's already been mentioned but the Fallout soundtrack really floats my boat.

For non-RPGs it's The Secret of Monkey Island for me. It's really stuck in my head all these years.

Back
Top Bottom