Far Cry 3

Yeah I'll be checking this out, I love the first 2. But the Deep Shadows games have a little something-something that the Far Cry franchise won't ever give me.

I think it's that Boiling Point and White Gold are more from left field, and you never quite know what you're going to find around the next corner. In the Far Cry's (first 2 anyway), you pretty much know what you're gonna get.

I thought Far Cry was fantastic for its time. It was the first DirectX 9 game, and it blew me away. Not only did it look incredible, the maps were huge, and there were different ways to approach most situations. The story was actually pretty cool as well.

Far Cry 2 was a HUGE disappointment to me. I thought the world felt very generic, and I hated how nothing you did mattered because anything you killed or destroyed would simply respawn as soon as you left the area. I quit about 10 hours in and never looked back.

Far Cry 2 was a HUGE disappointment to me. I thought the world felt very generic, and I hated how nothing you did mattered because anything you killed or destroyed would simply respawn as soon as you left the area. I quit about 10 hours in and never looked back.

I can dig that, and I haven't finished # 2 for that reason also. But it's a cool sandbox environment and it's a game that never leaves my HDD for that reason. I can dip in for 30 mins every now-and-then for some fun open world shoot-em-up action without ever really progressing.

A bit like DOOM 1&2. I boot them up and do the first couple of levels every now-and-then too, just for some mindless fun. I can't even remember why that marine was stuck on the… moon? I can't remember where he was either apparently, and I like that it doesn't matter.

I totally agree with JDR13. I almost lost my vacations for far cry.

I spent 4 hours with the second. Hoping for a great third game.

I finished Far Cry 2 after doing everything in it.

The game is an example of a great engine with horrible content, a bit similar to Assassin's Creed I or Oblivion.

There are very few shooters that I look forward to but this is one of them. It looks great. I am a little disappointed that you can't play the campaign in co-op but instead get other various levels to play.

Back
Top Bottom