Inquisitor - English Beta Launches

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Several RPGWatch readers are doubtless playing the Inquisitor beta right now, which launched Monday - but Cinemax has just now publically announced:
The Inquisitor RPG launches the English beta
After ten years of development, three years of translations and several months of proofreading, the closed English beta of the old-school RPG game Inquisitor begins. The beta will run throughout August with the release aimed for this autumn.

About Inquisitor
Inquisitor is a dark medieval drama with maximum style and great emphasis on details.

The game brings you, a medieval inquisitor, to a gloomy world full of heresy, betrayal and devilish plots. You will hunt for perpetrators of the most atrocious crimes and you will meet a lot of cunning enemies. You will find yourself in the midst of a powerful conspiracy striving to destroy even the foundations of the thousand-year old Empire. As one of the three main characters you will explore all the mysteries of this depressing world and gain reputation of a fearless inquisitor and a witch hunter. Carry out dozens of secondary quests and develop your potential in order to face the more powerful and dangerous enemies and challenges. And remember—everything you do depends just on your own choice!

The main pillars of Inquisitor are primarily a fast action and a catching storyline supplemented by an original game system and unique skills and abilities of the main heroes. The authors have inspired themselves with the high standards of the RPG genre and added an inexhaustible amount of their own ideas and inventions. The result is an attractive and easy to control game with an intriguing potential. And it's only up to the players which of these possibilities they will discover and utilize.

The storyline is based mainly on the investigation of various crimes, thus the core components of the game are to expose malefactors, gain evidence against them and prove them guilty in court, using both the canon law and the secular law of the Empire. One of the most important laws is the Inquisitional Codex which lays down the rules and principles of the inquisitional process. And it's the codex that governs your methods and actions while hunting for heretics and witches who threaten the whole Empire with their obscure plots.

A very important part of the inquisitional process is the torturing. It allows you to use up to four torture instruments (a rack, a strappado, a pillory and an iron maiden) when interrogating the worst criminals.

• High-resolution state-of-the-art graphics
• Original artistic presentation
• Extensive locations and large areas to explore
• A credible story from the medieval fantasy world
• Spectacular soundtrack
• Three playable characters (priest, knight, thief) with three unique independent stories
• Surface areas and gloomy underground locations
• Interrogation, torturing, sentencing
• Massive RPG system
• Combat, occultism, sorcery

Inquisitional statistics:
• 3 playable characters, 90 monsters and 180 NPCs
• Animations of the game characters, reflecting every change in the equipment, consist of almost one million sprites (i.e. graphical elements)
• 34 surface areas with deep forests, green pastures and extensive towns
• 1.2 million square meters of exteriors
• Dozens of interiors, buildings, temples, palaces and forts
• 37 extensive dungeon complexes (including multilevel dungeons)
• 100 kilometers of twisting corridors
• Game environment design uses 50,000 manually finished sprites
• More than 200 weapons and projectiles, including many magical ones
• 80 spells with spectacular effects, 7 different schools of magic
• Huge amount of potions
• More than 5,000 pages of text

More information:
http://inquisitor-rpg.com/
Some new screens on the Facebook page, as well.
More information.

I'm not interested in beta testing...
Torturing? With "exploration and story"... Count me interested.
Joined the steamgroup... Now... Where do I preorder?

I never thought this game would make it to a English translation version having checked out their site so many times in the past, so great news.

I love the old school Divine Divinity graphical look to it and the feature list really has me pumped.

its great so far. Not much text problems
It could use some polish , but they said its not gonna get it as there are no programmers working on it anymore.

Few game breaking bugs would be not being able to talk to some NPCs. Not sure yet if they are from the main quest or not.

Fighting works ok, skills work ok, i dont like the magic mechanics.. its more usefull to use Sigils that learn a spell .. as it always seem to fail.

All in all, the experience is worth the money. I haven't played a game that kept me reading text for so long .. I've been playing it 10 hours straight. At one point I was thinking to myself, why am I reading this shit ... then I understood that it wasn't shit.. not a single phrase is shit.

Damn why doesn't some1 grab this project and make a masterpiece out of it. A professional team would probably do it in 1 month

The game looks incredible,pre-ordered years ago. It might give B.G. Enhanced a run for its money in September.

Troubling to hear the original team can't wrangle any trouble spots out of it programming wise, but if a talented community could coalesce around this not unlike what happened for Temple of Elemental Evil with Co8 and mess about with it proper---I'd imagine interesting things are indeed possible.

One concern would be their own description. Do I really want to play in a gloomy, depressing world? I play games to escape a gloomy, depressing world!! :)

Troubling to hear the original team can't wrangle any trouble spots out of it programming wise, but if a talented community could coalesce around this not unlike what happened for Temple of Elemental Evil with Co8 and mess about with it proper—-I'd imagine interesting things are indeed possible.

I'll give it another 5-10 years then (that ToEE patch must have been in the making for 5-10 years, right?). I'm glad i'm not an impatient gamer :biggrin:

One concern would be their own description. Do I really want to play in a gloomy, depressing world? I play games to escape a gloomy, depressing world!! :)

C'mon, Australia? How gloomy could that be? ;)

Hmm, I love the look of this game. Wish isometric games like this were still being made.

But, do we actually have to torture in the game? Isn't there a way around it or maybe to work against the inquisition? I know its a game but I dont think torturing people even in a game sounds fun.

gamebreaking bugs fixed, all NPCs from town are functional now. Man that was fast, 1 day and they got fixed . Martin is a really good guy - [ Martin Kovar ]

gamebreaking bugs fixed, all NPCs from town are functional now.

Awesome news. Even though it sounds like the actiony combat might not be my thing, I'll be picking this.up for just about every other reason I can think of. Can't remember if I pre-ordered this*or not. :p

I can't even tell you how many times I wanted to torture an NPC who wouldn't tell me what I wanted to hear. Bring it on!

They have a strange way to put it: you have to convict people but yet you will torture the worst criminals.

Either all the NPCs you can torture are already convicted criminals, or you are banned from torturing charged but not yet proven guilty people or innocent people.

So…. how do you get in? There's just an announcement saying there's a beta, and nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom