Drakensang Alignment with the gods

S

Sacred_Path

I've been wondering this for some time... does Drakensang keep track of your "alignment" with certain gods? If, for example, you help the Inquisition, will your alignment with Praios rise? Will his influence effectively help you make your saves against spells? There were more instances of this in both Drakensang 1&2 but I can't remember all of them.

No, it doesn't. Not that I knew of.
What you want is only in the "Realms Of Arcania" games.
And yes, it'll be in the Remake of the "Realms Of Arcania" games, too !

Well… in RoA you could pray to certain gods and get favors, depending on how much you donate at their temples IIRC. That's not exactly what I was talking about, I was thinking of something deeper, of an actually hidden statistic that tracks your affiliation with a particular god. In Drakensang 1 Praios (god of light), Phex (god of stealth) and Hesinde (goddess of magic) were mentioned most often, so I thought that maybe they could have some hidden aspect, at least Praios vs. Phex.

Some instances that I remember:

- joining the Thieves' guild could raise your status with Phex

- completing the riddle in the markt square temple could raise your status with Praios

- sneaking up to the castle could raise your status with Phex, while a frontal assault could raise your status with Praios

- ditto for the assault on the harbor fortress in Drakensang 2

- joining the Inquisition: +1 Praios, helping the witches: +1 Hesinde

- raiding the shrine in the prologue of Drakensang 2: -1 Efferd

this could have resulted in some interesting mechanics where melee combat and defense against spells would be aided by Praios, but Phex would help with sneaky gameplay. But yeah, this probably was never implemented.

I don't think that this was ever implemented. I don't even know if anyone of the modders ever implemented such a thing.

Both Drakensang games are moddable; there were a few mods released during the past years. Most well-known is problably "Der Stumme Alrik"("Alrik" is a very common name in Aventuria, similar to "Joe Public" or so), but I don't know whether it was translated into English.

Edit : I just see now that your "location" is Germany ... You could try looking around in the dtp forums or what's left of them (dtp had some serious financial troubles in the past).

There is also a Drakensang Wiki, I think even one in English language.

Welp, I just got a hint that I had missed last time. In RoT, you're informed that doing things "in Phex' will" may help you regain karma points. I don't know how true this is since I've never played a thief and never kept a close eye on Cuano though.

Yes, for Cuano this definitively works : He gets so-called "Karma points (if I remember correctly) by doing deeds which are "in the sense of Phex".
With these "Karma Points" he is able to perform a few Phex-specific ... things. You'd see it in the game, I think there's a proper explanation, too.
This is also true for any character who becomes a member of the Phex Church (like Cuano is one).

I never noticed this. I thought his karma regenerates naturally. I only ever used his "star throw" ability and that seemed to come back on its own. I usually went the "non-Phex" way, like, assaulting the fortress.

Well, fighting against enemies, or was it certain fighting styles ? also regenerate this.
Please take a look into the Wiki or the handbook, there should be at least a brief explanation of this mechanism.

Or do a right-click on the ability itself (like the "star throwing").

Back
Top Bottom