The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Thasabadram is now an official Guild Member. ;)

By the way, I found out that there are Frogs available as "Creature Companions" ! : http://www.ddo.com/en/news/ddo-store-creature-companions
Look there under "now available".

I have seen a few familiars in Stormreach (and on the Guild Ship) as well - tiny mini-dragons and a few Tressym. They look kinda cute. :)

By the way : "Spot" is one of my personally favourite skills. I like not to go into unknown danger. ;)

I didn't quite know what spells my FS should take, so I took "detect traps" among other things. I need to look whether this is a good choice or not.
Just finished a few quests - while optimizing my game client. The usual problems with latency - only a bit stronger this time. I even had a complete freeze in The Catacombs today. Had to restart the whole PC - I suspect that it was the graphics driver again.

We've got some decisions to make content-wise. We've almost hit level 7 (actually some are already holding). We've got a little bit of lvl4 content still available- Freshen, Proof (for a few), Rest for the Restless, Irestone, and the first 2 Depths. Additionally, there's a buttload of lvl5 content, probably more than we can run without going way into the next character level. We've got Necro1, 3 Barrel, more Tangles, and Carnival. Plus a few "tavern quests", IIRC.

We've only got one first lifer, so there's not as much pressure to run Necro as usual (we can get Aletys's Silver Flame using other toons). We can run Necro2 for XP when the time comes without jacking with Necro1. I'd really like to run Carnival and 3 Barrel since we don't run them as often.

For tonight, I propose we run the entire Depths series first. By the time those are done, everyone should be eligible for level 7, IIRC. The remaining lvl4 content gets abandoned or used as catch-up for our 3rd lifers. We'll spend more time levelling up than running all of Depths, so we should have plenty of time. Then we tackle Carnival with the goal of finishing the chain before Az starts falling asleep at his keyboard. Next week, we warm up with the next 2 Tangles slogs and then head out to 3B. Most likely, we hit toon lvl8 about the same time we're getting to the lvl6 quests in 3B.

Last edited:
:deal: That is why we gave you the Big Book. Sounds like a plan to me.

The only real downside to skipping Necro1 (as long as we get Aletys's necklace with alts) is the favor. That said, Peter's really the only one that actively pursues the Silver Flame pots. He could pick up Necro1 as an over-level favor run many moons from now if it was important to him. We'll be at least as far as the Bridge chain before sniffing 400 SF favor, so there's plenty of time. We run Necro1 all the damn time, so it's a "double changeup" to skip that chain and replace it with Carnival/3B. I'd actually like to skip all the Necros for once just to shake things up, but there's just too much XP to be had in Necro2 and Aletys needs to experience the Rat Maze in Necro3 at least once just to appreciate why we hate it.

The outdoor area of 3B is fairly large and time consuming, so I doubt we'll get much past that next week.

Last edited:
Just remember that while Reywind and I will be here this week and next, we will definitely be away the following week and after that it may be hit or miss since we'll be staying with family in Canada and cannot predict what they might have planned. Just something for you to consider.

It's a little late to finish anything before I'm falling asleep at the keyboard, but I should be game for awhile. I don't think the Depths is getting Mirys to 7 though. She's only 2 ranks into 6. I'm not running 50% xp pots or pugging outside the group (or even running much at all, anymore, outside of Fridays).

I need 52k roughly to hit 7.

When Corwin and Reywind are out we could work on our level 12-13 toons. Do you all have a toon in that level range?

Jm has Sherina (bard), Flerida has Jhianna (cleric), Cm has Softwings (ranger), I have Pitrelon (artificer) or Petresus (monk).

So the only unknowns are Azraelck's and Dte's toons.

The B team didn't fair too well in Carnival. Besides no ranges for killing the shadow marks, I had no jump so we had to take the trap room. We wiped and after three for the session we called the game due to overkills. To catch up on xp we planned a necro one run today at our regular time. What ranks are we shooting for? Anyone needing necro for xp or favor just show up.

We still didn't finish Carnival since Az had to leave, but we did complete the first 3 sections quite easily!! :) Our little group probably should finish the entire quest first up next week. After the total mess a certain bug made for a few of us last week doing a Necro 1 run, I'd rather give it a total miss this time. We waited over an hour to hear back from a GM and eventually just gave up. :(

We were able to complete Necro1 without issue yesterday, with a little care. The trick is to stay away from the torches.

Peter is now 8, and Dte is pushing it, so I'm going to try to catch up some more today, though I'm not sure what I'll run. We have a bit of level 5 stuff to do, so we're not pressed to take it at least.

Indeed, running Necro has put a big kink in the advancement plan. As best as I can tell, everyone is nearly level 8 (or higher) except Az. That means we'll have to skip a fair bit of lvl5 stuff.

Tangles is hereby abandoned as a make-up area. Given the mess that we've got in Carnival, I'm thinking we punt there as well. We've got the first Delera quest to catch as well as a couple HouseK quests. Then we trudge off to 3 Barrel. Gonna be a while before we can take that level everyone's got.

I"m holding level 8. So we can all do the level 5 stuff we want. We can all hold 8 until everybody has caught up to 8.

I remember some level 5 Kundarak quests we should do so e get the 2 extra bank slots

I still have some ways to go to level 8, since I didn't do Necro!! I definitely want to finish the Carnival chain and do House K quests for the bank slots. I see no need for Delera unless I'm missing something; if anyone hasn't got a voice, it could be run with help from alts; heck, I've solo'd it several times.

Delera's is run because of the massive XP, not really for the loot. Though there are plenty of really good items there still.

The usual rapid-TR method is to hit Deleras E, then H-NNNNN until you're eyes bleed and the XP on part 2 and 4 aren't as good. This is done at 7-8, depending on class/group makeup, and gets enough XP for 9-10, at which point you farm Necro II Shadow Knight and Crypt in the same manner, which gets you around 12. 12 is a kinda of Dead zone for farmables like that, but there's enough to get you to 14 and Wiz King, which gets you to 15 and GH, which will get you to 16 quickly to add Necro IV, and combine the two to farm until Vale time. Which is hit at 18, farmed until 19 or so, then you farm IQ.

We typically don't do the super-fast way because none of us like eye-gouging levels of farming like that, which can mean 7-12 runs on a single quest (basically until the XP/min drops below a tolerable threshold).

Looks like you and me are behind, Corwin. I'm not too far off of 8, a rank and a half. I think I could easily make it up in a couple of hours, hitting missed level 4's and 5's.

What I propose for this coming Friday, assuming everyone makes it, is to put Jo in the failed group, which will provide both True Seeing and some ranged firepower to clear the marks. Along with removal of heavy armor and some jump potions, that group should be able to finish Party Crashers easily enough. Then we regroup, run/rerun Snitch as needed, and finish the chain. Afterward, we nail down any House K quests we missed at 4-5 before taking 8. I should have 8 by the time we finish Carnival, and if not, certainly before the night is done.

While they're finishing up Party Crashers, the rest of us can hit any 4's and 5's we want to deal with. Unless that group can come in about an hour early, and get it done.

Good chance I'll be late/gone next week. Parents are bringing the twinkies back and I wouldn't start playing until they head to the hotel, which is likely to be at least a couple hours into the session.

Aletys needs her Voice. That's too important for her to skip, so she's gotta get thru Deleras. As a first lifer, she'll get WAY too far ahead if she runs that XP-rich chain outside of the group.

Last edited:
I support Azraelck's suggestion for next Friday. I will do Delera as well, with the group if possible. Being a third lifer you need almost all quests to avoid tedious farming.

I propose that we complete the last 2 quests in Shan Ta Kor next Friday while Dte is gone. He is not very fond of STK and will probably be happy to not have to complete these.

We won't get bravery bonus, but still decent XP and favor. At least we won't lose the streak.

Then we move on to Partycrasher and Snitch before we all do Under the Big top before we start with the level 5 Kundarak quests.

Back
Top Bottom