Do you play MMOs?

Do you play MMOs?

• Yes

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 51.4%

• Total voters
No, not at the moment - even if I have LOTRO and WoW Classic installed (there are some decent working Private Servers), I usually don't play them. If someone releases a good MMORPG, I probably start playing again.

I tried but didn't like it that much.

Playing MMO is fun with others, but that means you have to be online at certain times when others are online. Instead of playing when you want to play.

In other regards, MMOs I tried fell short of single player games as far as their plot, characters, and combat were concerned. They have much less depth, like simplified versions of single player games.

I sometimes play MMORPGs, but for different reasons than CRPGs. I don't why some people lump them together.

I don't enjoy many of the theme park style MMORPGs that are quite popular at the moment. Something like Everquest Next interests me greatly though.

Voted no.

I do play one MMO. I just don't play several/few/many/whatnot MMOs, that's why I had to say no as the answer to the question.
If it matters, the MMO I play here and there is of MOBA (ARTS) genre and as such doesn't contain fetch quests.
Additionally, if you asked this months back, I'd say yes as I did play MMOs before, but after the box scandal in STO there is no way I'll return to MMOs till saying a game is f2p while it's in fact p2w becomes illegal.

Yeah, I play three of them......EQ1 to hang with old friends, maybe once or twice a month, EQ2 to hang out with my guild and raid, daily.....and Marvel Heroes, because any game that lets me play as Colossus is just awesome!!!

-Carn

Nope, the gameplay is repetitive as are the quests. Just grinding and fetch quests.

I like the exploration and discovery part. I played most of the mainstream ones until I got bored. (WoW, EQ/EQ2, LOTRO, WAR, RIFT, Eve, etc) But there's nothing really available anymore. I may try out ES Online and EQ Next, but i'm sure it won't last long if I do. Besides, it's tough to get in to these games now when you have young kids.

My last hope to return to MMOs was EQ Next, but after learning what they're doing, there is simply no hope now.

Shouldn't this be posted on the homepage?

Back
Top Bottom