Someone is trying to scam me on Ebay

D

Deleted User

Hello. Some scumbag is trying to scam me with Paypal/Ebay. He bought something off me on Ebay and claims I sent him an empty box. What a joke. Thankfully I do have the shipping receipt that shows that the box I shipped had some weight to it, therefore it must have had contents. Hopefully Paypal sees through this nonsense and finds in my favor.

Has this ever happened to any of you? Am I screwed because Paypal usually likes to side with the buyer or do I have a chance of winning this thing?

I also have an email from this knucklehead a few days prior that is threatening to do a chargeback with his credit card and leave me negative feedback, all because I waited a few days to ship the items. Ridiculous.

Ouch, sound like a pyscho hit on your sale. Good luck on that. I've had a few pyscho sellers, but it sounds like they are easier to deal with.

I've heard horror stories with Paypal about people who didn't get their money from them because the buyer was a crook and they refused to eat the loss.

In this case I'm guessing the opposite happened. If you got your money already from Paypal then a charge back from his credit card is likely an attempt at a last resort because he can't get his money back from them. Since it went through Paypal I'm not thinking its going to get very far. Threatening you sounds like an act of desperation.

Yeah, let paypal and ebay handle it. Describe your situation to them, and your buyer's threats will amount to nothing. I've had similar things happen with a seller that tried to renig on a deal after it was paid and goods exchanged. Had no foot to stand on.

Psycho indeed. The guy threatened to chargeback just because I didn't ship the items out right away. I kindly asked him to be patient because I only make it to the post office once a week. Then a few days later he says he got an empty box. Lol. Crazy.

We'll see what happens. I guess he has to prove I shipped him an empty box. He said he took a picture of said box as evidence. Lol. I really hope Paypal doesn't side with this guy. I don't have much faith in Paypal as a whole but we will see...

I am sure you wrapped the box so it couldn't be opened. He is trying to lie and cheat his way out of the deal. Paypal and Ebay deals with this sort of thing enough to know.

I've heard stories like this indeed. It's a common scam. I read similar stories from some Star Wars collectors. Be careful, and do send a notice towards ebay, if you suspect a scam/fraud.

Closest incident I had was a Nigeria money scam, with some guy sending me a check for like $5,000 for a $400 radio tuner. Don't freak out, I'm sure Paypal has seen this type of 'complaint' before.

What can happen as well, of course, is a classical "man-in-the-middle"-attack : The local press had a case of an arrested family where one had been a postman, and he took the boxes he was scheduled to bring to the post office to his own house instead, selling the contents.

Or, recently, a senior (60-70 years old) was stealing boxes from post delivery cars meanwhile the postman was bringing boxes to recipients. He sold the contents, too.

You could try scanning ebay for the items, too. Some criminals just try to sell them via ebay meanwhile claiming they never got them.

Back
Top Bottom