Bioshock - Collector's Edition Petition

Dhruin

SasqWatch
This seems an obvious PR stunt but news is news. 2K's official The Cult of the Rapture Bioshock fansite has a request on a Collector's Edition petition:
I've had quite a few people ask me if there will be a BioShock collector's edition. Then, today, an enterprising fan made a petition asking 2K to make one. So I talked with some people who were older and wiser than me, and pled the case of the fans. And if we get 5000 signatures on this petition, I have gotten word that they'll make a limited edition of BioShock.
So what do you say? Think we can do it? Think we can get 5000 signatures?
I think we can.
Sign the petition here.
More information.

JFYI: the number of petitioners is well over 7,000 by now, so there *IS* gonna be a SE. Sweetness.

This is idiotic. People are actually signing "petitions" to get publishers to gouge them? *sighs*

I remember when I bought the collectors edition of Baldurs Gate 2, that was a decent collectors edition with a cloth map etc and was only like a dollar more than the regular version.

I paid at least $10 more for it. it looked better, had a nice box, a polyster map but really it didn't do much. In game music CD is about it. The art extras were silly and difficult to find and the in game shop was available as a hack in a matter of weeks.

As much as I want to get the most bang for my buck these collectors editions tend to scrape at the bottom. The worst I've seen was the U9 Dragon Edition which was mainly a too large box, some music, and an apology.

The best I've seen? Believe it or not the new Pool of Radiance. I've never installed the game but it had (probably bad) music cd as well as the PnP copy of the game and some dragon dice.

This might make a good poll or survey. What has been the best value for a CE or LE game. What would you like to see?

The worst I've seen was the U9 Dragon Edition which was mainly a too large box, some music, and an apology.

I didn't think it was that bad. OK. The game sucked ;) but the Dragon Edition had some pretty decent content actually. For example, you forgot to mention the nice color cloth map, and that the manual + spellbook came with a neat leather cover, and there was also the entire Ultima series from Ultima I-VIII (plus that pre-Ultima "spiritual predecessor"... um... called Akalabeth, was it?) included with the DE.
The ankh pendant and tarot cards on the other hand might be considered as useless junk though. Or heavily depending on one's tastes at least...
Overall, I'd say that the DE included a nice selection of collectibles for just about every taste though. It had a little bit of everything (map, art, music, games, wearables/collectibles).

It certainly had some pretty nice content compared to modern CEs where it seems to become the standard lately that you only get a stupid bonus content DVD with some lame low quality 5 minute shaky cam footage that is then called a "making-of" and an extra green and pink shirt for your game character that is then called "r0XX0r additional multiplayer skins" :rolleyes: .

I didn't think it was that bad. OK. The game sucked ;) but the Dragon Edition had some pretty decent content actually. For example, you forgot to mention the nice color cloth map, and that the manual + spellbook came with a neat leather cover, and there was also the entire Ultima series from Ultima I-VIII (plus that pre-Ultima "spiritual predecessor"... um... called Akalabeth, was it?) included with the DE.
The ankh pendant and tarot cards on the other hand might be considered as useless junk though. Or heavily depending on one's tastes at least...
Overall, I'd say that the DE included a nice selection of collectibles for just about every taste though. It had a little bit of everything (map, art, music, games, wearables/collectibles).

It certainly had some pretty nice content compared to modern CEs where it seems to become the standard lately that you only get a stupid bonus content DVD with some lame low quality 5 minute shaky cam footage that is then called a "making-of" and an extra green and pink shirt for your game character that is then called "r0XX0r additional multiplayer skins" :rolleyes: .

hmm..the entire series was a nice feature. I take that back. however, I stand by the silly apology (read between the lines it says go away, no more single player Ultimas, get a life fanboy!).

Of course, all of that could have it in a much smaller box. I remember the Software, etc. in Sacramento still trying to get rid of their last copy a year later.

On Collector's Editions in general I started a thread here:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1590

My Dragon Edition arrived (from OS) minus the GAME disk!! When I got in touch with the place I bought it from, they basically said tough luck, and so did EA. I haven't bought a game from either place since, and had to go out and buy a standard edition so as to be able to actually play the game!! ( Yeah, I know I was silly to do so, but at the time I didn't realise how terrible the game was!!)

My Dragon Edition arrived (from OS) minus the GAME disk!! When I got in touch with the place I bought it from, they basically said tough luck, and so did EA. I haven't bought a game from either place since, and had to go out and buy a standard edition so as to be able to actually play the game!! ( Yeah, I know I was silly to do so, but at the time I didn't realise how terrible the game was!!)

:D Really nice story

This whole bioshock CE thing was pretty funny from the begining...

Back
Top Bottom