Blizzard - Another Game Near

too soon for another WoW add-on.

Games are in development for years before release. Blizzard likes to announce games 2 or 3 years before they are released. (Actually, everyone does these days*cough* Fallout 3, Spore *cough*)

yes its far!!! too soon for another addon. umm over 2 years before a single addon which has only been out 6 months and now there doing a 2nd. i think not "c" math students;)

diablo 3 is likely but it will have too compete or actually maybe benifit from hellgate london which it will surely share similarities with. a diablo mmorpg is also likely, i can't see them offering diablo in 3d multiplayer for free anyhow.
who know maybe we will see a starcraft:ghost mark III or an entirely new franchise set in a fantasy world since it makes no sense for them ever to make a warcraft iv.

Im hoping for Diablo Online. :D

Lost Vikings 3? :sarcasticclap:

A remake of Blackhawk, an very early Blizzard game released by Interplay. :D
(I've bought an specimen a few months ago on a flea market. The game story is so increadibly unoriginal it nearly made me cry. A wise character (male) is even called "Galadril". Yuck.)
Edit : Is Blackthorne just another name for it ? I only know the name "Blackhawk".
http://www.thelegacy.de/Museum/3806/

I do hope on Lost Vikings 3, by the way, I really liked the first one but never got the second.

[...snip...]

Last edited:
Blackhawk and Blackthorne are the same game.

Blackhawk is the title in Europe, Blackthorne is the US title.

blizzard used to make revolutions (or rather evolutions) with their games... now, they're just making sequels and expansions. they've really helped rts, hack & slash and mmo genres develop, so i hope they'll do the same thing with adventures of rpgs now.

Oh, wouldn't that be something. You may remember that they were developing an adventure game based on the Warcraft universe that got canceled in a late state. An adventure game with Blizzard polish would be great and might revitalize the genre further-- something that I feel is already happening (Sam & Max: Season 1, Ankh games, Fahrenheit, Dreamfall, Broken Sword 4, all good titles of recent years).

What about the Sports MMO rumor? I got it from a WoW addict /techie so it must be true :)

Seriously...it wouldn't surprise me to see them try to release D3 as a competitor to Hellgate:London, even though the guys at Flagship are supposedly on good terms with Blizzard. Bidness is bidness. :greedy:

Oh, wouldn't that be something. You may remember that they were developing an adventure game based on the Warcraft universe that got canceled in a late state. An adventure game with Blizzard polish would be great and might revitalize the genre further-- something that I feel is already happening (Sam & Max: Season 1, Ankh games, Fahrenheit, Dreamfall, Broken Sword 4, all good titles of recent years).

that would be a dream come true... but, anyway adventures are pretty popular these days, it's not like they need to be rescued, but still it would be nice to see how can blizzard handle it. if they are making an adventure, i just hope it's not cartoon-like ('cause i think that blizzard can't make anyhting really funny).

Back
Top Bottom