Drakensang Battlemage or Elementalist?

RivianWitch

Keeper of the Watch
I started with an Elementalist, as I like their spells and of course he can summon the fire elemental.

I have since started to wonder if I should not rather have chosen Battlemage, for the better ability to wear armour, and the stronger melee skills.
I find that my Elementalist is a bit squishy..

I have not entered Ferdok yet, but am quite close to finishing up in Avenstrue.

Shall I restart with a Battlemage before I get too far into the game, or is he not all that much better than the Elementalist ? Can I for instance get shielding spells or ignore encumbrance talent quite early on for my elementalist??

I do find that raised willpower and the 'cure wounds" ability as well as the healing spell is helpful, but that doesn't help me when my Elementalist gets killed in battle already.

Elementalists kick enough ass, don't worry. I played one. Focus on summoning and Ignifaxius first. Later there will be better spells. I had no problem with my Elementalist at any stage in the game.

Thanks, Grandor, I will keep my party as is, then. :cool:
I've also just read on another forum, that one can have a Battlemage in your party later in the game; - I don't know how true that is. If it's true, that will be a nice oppurtunity to try one out.

Don't discount the Metamage either, the skeleton pet is essentially an extra warrior. Hits for up to 60 when he crits, knocks down very often as well

Thanks, Grandor, I will keep my party as is, then. :cool:
I've also just read on another forum, that one can have a Battlemage in your party later in the game; - I don't know how true that is. If it's true, that will be a nice oppurtunity to try one out.

Actually, I was the other way around. I started as a battlemage, and several hours later (after finishing the 'demo' area and almost finished the Ferdock quests) I decided to restart with an elementalist. A pet makes so much of a difference for my playstyle.

I use the elf mage/ranger and her pet. She's very versatile and the pet does great damage!! Good complement to my own BM.

I use the elf mage/ranger and her pet. She's very versatile and the pet does great damage!! Good complement to my own BM.

Damit ranger has a pet???

Edit: Don't say me the bear in Avenstrue can be tamed... >:O

Back
Top Bottom