Microsoft Games - Project Natal release details - Xbox 360

aries100

SasqWatch
MCV has learned that Project Natal, the Xbox 360 device for controller free gaming, will probably be released in Noveber 2010. From their sources they have also learned that the device will seel for 80 US dollars (50 £) and that 14 games are being made for the device.
Microsoft sees this as a way to lengthen the current Xbox 360's life:
Natal will arrive almost five years to the day after the Xbox 360 and is perceived by many, Microsoft included, as a way to lengthen the lifespan of the hardware without resorting to a new console launch.
More information.

I think I'll wait for Microsoft to announce a price before I believe rumors.

Yeah, that's just a rumor. We'll see.

Personally I'm not excited about the technology. Wave my hands around and move my body? Forget it. I'll stick to a controller, thank you.

Peter M. is hyping the hell out of it, of course. He's going to give us something "better than anything a science fiction writer has dreamt up." Yeah, right.

This technology should make for some rather interesting role playing experiences. ;)

Like seriously. Give me a version of Diablo I can play for a few hundred hours and wind up in the best shape of my life instead of fatter and couch-potatoed. Save me from myself, Natal. Hurry up.

I predict that it will be like any other add-on: one or two good first-party games, a few sports titles, and then consigned to th back of the closet w/the Wii Balance Board and DDR dancepad.

I hope I'm wrong though—an exercise version of Diablo would rock. :)

Last edited:
The technology is interesting, but as with most things - it's the actual implementation that counts.

I have a hard time seeing my kind of game taking advantage of this, and if there's one thing I tire of easily it's gimmicky gameplay.

Meh, the best Wii games are the ones that make minimal use of waggle, rather than waggle for waggle's sake. Mario Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros Wii make excellent use of it. You do not want to see an RPG where you have to shake the controller to swing your sword. Unless it's 1:1 or close to it, and the sword on screen closely mimics your actions, in which case it could be really cool.

Back
Top Bottom