Effortless Toolset for Complete RPG Immersion (Quest Kick)

questkick

Traveler
Hi everybody. For the last few months I've been pouring my life into our new tabletop RPG tools, Quest Kick. Today we're unveiling some amazingly useful tools that are great for making campaigns more immersive and easier to run. Check 'em out:

http://bit.ly/questkick-ks

It'd mean the world to me if you'd spread the word by simply clicking the Facebook and Twitter buttons on the page in that link. Just two clicks make a HUGE difference!!

Hope to see you soon.

Brian

PS…Please tell friends, family, co-workers…anyone you think would be interested.

The more the better! Here's the link again: http://bit.ly/questkick-ks

New Rewards, Membership Pricing & Guarantee

Hey there gamers. Yesterday was intense, launching the KickStarter and getting the word out there. Thanks to everyone who backed us so far.

I have 3 announcements today.

First, we have set our monthly membership pricing at $10 per month.

Second, we're adding a special reward for everyone who pledges at the $100 reward level or higher. You will get a lifetime discounted membership rate of $5 per month. That's 50% off our membership for life, making the GAMER PACK CORE rewards package an even more amazing deal.

Third, we're introducing a 100% PLUS money back guarantee. If you back Quest Kick at the $100 reward level or higher, and it doesn't make your game absolutely more immersive and easier to run, we will not only refund your money but we'll also give you an extra $20 so you can treat yourself to a new RPG book.

If you already backed us and want to upgrade so you get the new rewards and guarantee, it's not too late.

That's all I've got for now folks.

Read more at bitly.com/questkick-ks

Last edited:
Not that I want to discourage you or something, but just so you know.

I've never ever entered any scheme with taxes. Fees. Subscription. Call it by any wording you like. Nor ever will. Means, no WoW ever. Even if it goes totally free, I'm not touching it like I'd never touch dr. Mengele's work.
I despise milking-by-selling-nothing models and even if my country that I love so much asked me to pay monthly for breathing air, I'd move elsehere.

I'm maybe the minority. But still. Good luck with it.

From the description it seems like this tool is system agnostic, but it does not say how much support will be provided for popular tabletop rules systems. I'd hate to have to customize a lot of tools just to use it.

Excuse me, but I am going to be blunt here.
Why would I pay a monthly fee for something, that I can get already for free?
With Maptools I already have macro/dice rollers for any character/NPC (I am not sure how complex your macro's can be made)
Multiple area maps, with map grids, character/NPC trackers (stats, inventory, etc).
The only thing you have is the GM notes + easier music selection. Which again I simply use 3rd party software for (skype for voice chat + sharing of notes, excel/google docs for notes keeping).

I'm sorry, but I honestly see no benefit of your software. (plus, why the sub fee? Is this all server sided like roll20 is?)

funny, I just took my TiVo back to get a Magnavox DVR for the express reason to get out of subscriptions. Maybe if you made this FTP..you could make lockboxes for it or something.

From the description it seems like this tool is system agnostic, but it does not say how much support will be provided for popular tabletop rules systems. I'd hate to have to customize a lot of tools just to use it.

The entire system is based on making everything quicker and easier, so it wouldn't make sense to have you spend a bunch of time customizing the tools. Entering rules specific information, like stats would be generic enough to handle any RPG.

Excuse me, but I am going to be blunt here.
Why would I pay a monthly fee for something, that I can get already for free?
With Maptools I already have macro/dice rollers for any character/NPC (I am not sure how complex your macro's can be made)
Multiple area maps, with map grids, character/NPC trackers (stats, inventory, etc).
The only thing you have is the GM notes + easier music selection. Which again I simply use 3rd party software for (skype for voice chat + sharing of notes, excel/google docs for notes keeping).

I'm sorry, but I honestly see no benefit of your software. (plus, why the sub fee? Is this all server sided like roll20 is?)

The reason is that it makes your game more immersive by eliminating the time wasting tasks, and streamlining the tasks that actually add to the game.

If you're not looking for a tightly run, streamlined game this probably isn't for you. But if you are, it will make everything from sharing private info, to running combat, and looking up notes quicker and easier, thus keeping your players from getting bored and losing immersion. And then of course there's the marketplace where you can buy, sell, and share adventures, NPCs, etc.

We charge a fee to use it so we can continue building, supporting, and improving the tools.

While I have zero interest in your product, as I don't play paper rpgs, I applaud you answering your critics :clap:

Back
Top Bottom