What games are you playing now?

Well, I finally got around to installing King's Bounty, and let me join everyone who is singing its' praises. Nice game so far!

Put my 1701AD binge on hold and decided to try to finish D2. Had to redo the 5 seals a few times when I ran out of gaming time (*ick*) and then got totally stomped by Diablo. Clearly, the game expects me to have better fire and lightning resistance, because even guerilla combat didn't get it done. So I buckled down, scheduled an afternoon, and determined to whittle the bastard down. Many town portals and deaths later, I had him to about 50%. That's when the power went out. :furious:

The Diablo Battlechest is neatly in the drawer, and I decided to take another swing at DivDiv. I'm having more fun so far than I did when I first tried the game. A few frustrations, but not bad enough to mar the fun.

I am playing the demo for Kings Bunty Legend. I have to admit usually I am not so much in RTS games but this one I like because it doesn't feel like an RTS but much more as a party based RPG

I am playing the demo for Kings Bunty Legend. I have to admit usually I am not so much in RTS games but this one I like because it doesn't feel like an RTS but much more as a party based RPG

That is because the RT in RTS stands for 'herding kittens' (actually Real Time), while Kings Bounty is pure TBS - Turn Based.

I finished Nethergate... very fun game... not my favorite by Spiderweb... but a lot of fun nonetheless.

Still playing World of Xeen...

I've joined the club... I began playing King's Bounty today... I've put in about 4 hours and I have to say that I love it. It really captures the spirit of the original... and I love the turn based combat. It's a real gem, and I have a feeling it's going to take up quite a bit of my gaming time...

I've also started Geneforge 2... and it is just as I expected... I'm loving it. The geneforge world is great, and having just finished the first one a few months back, it's cool to see how Jeff has continued the story.

It's a great time for PC gaming (for me anyway :) ).

I've joined the club... I began playing King's Bounty today... I've put in about 4 hours and I have to say that I love it. It really captures the spirit of the original... and I love the turn based combat. It's a real gem, and I have a feeling it's going to take up quite a bit of my gaming time.

That's an understatement......:)

It's a great time for PC gaming (for me anyway :) ).

Same here. I'm enjoying King's Bounty in a way that I haven't enjoyed a PC game in a long time, and I can only smile with the thought of Dead Space and Fallout 3 just around the corner.

With only short breaks between studies, all I have time for now is some emulators. I actually ran through Golden Axe 1 & 2 and playing the 3rd game bit for bit.

Playing ehanced edition of The Witcher. Obviously its run smoother than the previous release. I chose hard difficulty with english voice-over, compared to last playthrough with polish language plus english subtitle. Probably should pick Chinese voice over (not sure it's available) with english subtitle just for fun.

As I am thoroughly enjoying Geneforge 5 on the Mac and King's Bounty on the PC I find myself struck by something said recently by Tycho on Penny Arcade:
I had been falling into the grip of a PC resurgence.

Every night, when I must apportion my time, I'm choosing between King's Bounty, The Witcher: Enhanced, or Warhammer Online. And I can't decide, so progress in each is very, very slow. And I couldn't care less.

These are, every one of them, PC Games, unapologetically. They're not in any way generalized for some theoretical, universal palette, some nonexistent creature. They're each of them beautiful bastards that give generously, but will wring you out with their own demands. I like to be challenged by games, and I don't necessarily mean by their difficulty: I want to play games that ask serious questions about my genre assumptions. I don't think this is a universal desire, by any means. But it's a large part of why I play, and that raw, unapologetic, almost wilderness aesthetic doesn't exist anywhere else.

The time has come: final fight w/ Sarevok in BG1. Actually, just got past the first part, the doppleganger mosh pit at Duchal Palace, and now headed thru the thieves guild maze. Tonight i want to wrap it all up!

Well, then i get to install ToTSC...

I'm trying NWN2 mods out. I don't really like high-level AD&D so I'm playing mods that end around level 15 at the highest. I haven't found anything really good yet, but I've found several that were at least entertaining.

The time has come: final fight w/ Sarevok in BG1. Actually, just got past the first part, the doppleganger mosh pit at Duchal Palace, and now headed thru the thieves guild maze. Tonight i want to wrap it all up!

Well, then i get to install ToTSC...

Whoa.... hold on a second there Sammy. You realize that ToTSC needs to be installed before the final battle right?

no, i didnt know that. Oh glot....

I havent beat Sarevok yet tho, him and his homeys totally mopped the floor w/ me and my crew. Reading up on it, i think i can still do the ToTSC thing. I just have to install the expansion, load my save from before i went in to Sarevok's clubhouse, then cruise out and hit Ulgoth's Beard and go from there.

Looks like I'll probably be hounded by the Flaming Fist all the time tho... I'll just have to make a beeline for the loading zones when they start after me.

no, i didnt know that. Oh glot....

I havent beat Sarevok yet tho, him and his homeys totally mopped the floor w/ me and my crew. Reading up on it, i think i can still do the ToTSC thing. I just have to install the expansion, load my save from before i went in to Sarevok's clubhouse, then cruise out and hit Ulgoth's Beard and go from there.

Looks like I'll probably be hounded by the Flaming Fist all the time tho... I'll just have to make a beeline for the loading zones when they start after me.

Just wanted to keep you from having to do the end battle twice. ;)

Why are the Flaming Fist after you?

The "murder" of the Iron Throne cronies in their HQ when they attacked me, first part of the final Sarevok trail. From that point on, Flaming Fist have been confronting me, albeit only a single soldier, not the kitchen sink brigade that appears if you really start being bad.

Ive been just hightailing it to the nearest load zone, if I combat the soldier it ruins my stellar rep and everyone starts gettin cranky. I have the choice of going peacefully, but I'm not doing that either, so i just jet for the nearest zone and roleplay like the guard tripped or something ='.'=

The "murder" of the Iron Throne cronies in their HQ when they attacked me, first part of the final Sarevok trail. From that point on, Flaming Fist have been confronting me, albeit only a single soldier, not the kitchen sink brigade that appears if you really start being bad.

Yep, it's been quite a while since my last replay of the original BG, but that all sounds familiar. You're in for a real treat with ToTSC, good luck.

.....back to King's Bounty!

got ToTSC running, loaded an old save and in Ulgoth's Beard right now. Had to use the MoveTo cheat and transport there tho, UB was not accessible otherwise. I scoured the edges of every map near and and couldnt get access.

Found a great BG resource btw - http://valinor.db-forge.com/bg1/

BTW - gave in and picked up King's Bounty today - I'll be going on that pretty soon!

got ToTSC running, loaded an old save and in Ulgoth's Beard right now. Had to use the MoveTo cheat and transport there tho, UB was not accessible otherwise. I scoured the edges of every map near and and couldnt get access.

Hmmm, I've heard of that happening, although I've never experienced it myself. Did you convert your save files to ToTSC saves when it asked you upon installation? Anyways, I don't think you'll have a problem now that you're there. Some basic tips for ToTSC, I would suggest doing Mendas's island quest last.

BTW - gave in and picked up King's Bounty today - I'll be going on that pretty soon!

Glad for you to join the club Sammy, your fiance might not feel the same way after your social life grinds to a halt. :lol:

I am playing Far Cry 2 - and it's a lot of fun.
In my opinion the game is closer to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. than to Far Cry 1.

Back
Top Bottom