GOG - Let's Party Sale

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
GOG.com is having another huge sale called Let's Party to go along with the New Year. You can find a variety of new bundles to suit any taste. Here are the details.

Let's Party Promo!

Say farewell to 2013 and welcome 2014 with 15 special bundle deals up to 80% off.

2013 is coming to an end. Oh, what a fun year this was to be a gamer! Especially a PC gamer, as our console brethren got quite a sizable share of stress and frustration along with their fun, mostly due to the controversy around the new console generation DRM policies. Luckily, the NoDRM movement scored quite a success there, and some of the gamers' worst nightmares did not materialize in the end. Meantime, here at GOG.com, it was another year of DRM-free gaming. We got bigger, we got better, and our catalog of the best games in history got more extensive. Business as usual. It was a good year to be a GOG.com user, and we can promise you this: the next one is going to be even better!

But you're probably anxious to hear about our promo for today, right? Well, we did wrap up the 2013 DRM-Free Winter sale last Sunday. But this doesn't have to mean we can't offer you some amazing deals today still! Remember all those bundles and packs that competed for your support to become the daily community choice? We know that a whole lot of people were disappointed to see their favorites get fewer votes than the other deal and seemingly vanish into oblivion. Fret not! We kept all those offers safe for you, and you can get them all now. Just navigate to our main page, and see for yourself: 15 special bundle deals up to 80% off. Nice, huh? Well, there's no better party than a gaming party, so let make the transition from one year to the other to the sound of laughter, mice clicking, and keyboard tapping! Hurrah!

This final 2013 special "bonus stage" offer will last until Thursday, January 2nd 2014, at 9:59AM GMT.

Happy New Year of gaming, everyone!
More information.

Gog has a major problem. They're not getting new games in fast enough to keep interest. Everyone has all the games they want, and the only way Gog gets traffic is to have mega sales every week. This is generally a sign of desperate times. It wouldn't surprise me to see Gog gone in a year or two, perhaps less.

I hope I'm wrong, cacheperl, but I've been in business a long long time and this is a bad trend.

I hope not, GoG is my favourite online store: no DRM, download exe and extract, no middleware required for backup, and they support old games.

I also noticed they announced that they removed all the Fallout games from their catalogue (however it will still show on your owned games list if you bougth it earlier).

crpgnut does have a point as gog.com is not getting many games compared to steam.

Sure, I agree.

Steam does only about 4 or 5 of these sales a year.

But still, I have the impression GOG does it with a similar frequency. There's smaller sales in between, but the same is (again) true for steam. Maybe I'm completely off on this…

And by the way, there in fact is one sad news, which is actually news (tho not completely unexpected): GOG is not selling the fallouts anymore.

http://www.gog.com/news/removed_from_catalog_fallout_1_2_tactics

Yeay. Bethesda.

I can still think of plenty of old games that GoG could add to their catalogue, but I'm sure many of them would be difficult to obtain simply due to the sheer age. Probably would take some serious tweaking to work on new systems as well, but I'd be buying and gifting a bunch of them.

Yeah, loads of good old games are still out there. And not so old games are getting older every day. ;)

And just imagine they'd start to do emulated console games, like from SNES. Sadly, it will never happen.

I use Firefox and Gog all the time....

Do the pull down menus on the front page work? How about the search windows? They don't for me. I am talking about the ESR version of Firefox, are you?

Perhaps you should start announcing the days when gog does NOT have a "special sale". Seems easier :)
Yes how dare I share news of a good sale you won't find anywhere else.;)
Gog has a major problem. They're not getting new games in fast enough to keep interest. Everyone has all the games they want, and the only way Gog gets traffic is to have mega sales every week. This is generally a sign of desperate times. It wouldn't surprise me to see Gog gone in a year or two, perhaps less.

I agree with you. I have most games they offer already myself. The main problem I see is companies sitting on the rights, and not wanting to offer the games DRM-free.

At least some of the new indies and kickstarters are on the service now. I hope they never go out of business as no one else offers as many DRM-free games.:(

Last edited:
I hope not, there aren't many honest companies or online outlets as GoG or CDProject.

In the worst case they will be like UPlay or Origin: they belong to a publisher/developer to sell their own games (DRM free) in addition to other game collections.

Thrasher, I have had no problems with their menus or search using Firefox, just the normal build - 26.0 as of now. Have you tried starting Firefox in Safe mode to see if an addon or extension is causing the issue? Help menu, Restart With Addons Disabled or holding down Shift when starting FF?

I pretty much have all the games on GoG that I am interested in. There are plenty more that I would like, the old SSI EOB and Gold Box games for instance, but they may have trouble getting the rights to distribute them.

Seems a bit of a coincidence that GOG is no longer selling Fallout but they just gave it away to free to everyone! Guess they figured if they can't sell it any more they may as well give it away!

Daniel.

Maybe, but If I remember correctly they gave Fallout 1 (and/or 2) away for free a year ago or even earlier.

Back
Top Bottom