What games are you playing now?

If I didnt have other games, and I already didnt have premature grey hair coming in, I'd do it. I ordered TR II and III used this weekend, I already have part 1 and chronicles, I plan on running thru TR series in it's entirety.

I really liked the first game, liked the second one a lot less, and didn't like the 3rd one at all. The TR series just seemed to diminish as it got older.

Speaking about running through a series though, I can't wait to someday have the time to play all the Resident Evil games. I've finished them all already, but I want to play them again back to back.

I'm not playing it, but today I learned that the in-game map of Neverend was seemingly cut in the German version.

How strange.

Also, it has no spoken dialogue, in contrast to the English version.

Just to throw this in. ;)

I'm still into Two Worlds and my 10th anniversary run of Jedi Knight on the PC.

PSP Phat / Lite have dueling D&D Tactics / Jeanne D'Arc, long and involved games both.

The DS was in hot play with everyone strumming some Jam Sessions.

Alrik, mayhem studios is known for their different versions of games released with massive overhauls to the later versions which results in the final versions, being massively different. i could have sworn there was a "reinforcements" pack though you can download from their site which adds a lot of this to the international versions.

Okay, thanks, I'll look to that.

Yay for you! :thumbsup: Please write back soon and join my "The Horses Don't Suck" support group. :D

In honor of you, old friend, I have been working on my riding skills. And so long as I keep the pace down I can do pretty well.

I have since crossed level 60, and between my Earth armor 'Adamantium', 'Concentration', and my high level Necromancy spells I can wear robes and not take any damage from melee and even 'mega' enemies give me more health than they take.

In honor of you, old friend, I have been working on my riding skills. And so long as I keep the pace down I can do pretty well.

I have since crossed level 60, and between my Earth armor 'Adamantium', 'Concentration', and my high level Necromancy spells I can wear robes and not take any damage from melee and even 'mega' enemies give me more health than they take.

Just curious, are you playing on normal or hard?

Just curious, are you playing on normal or hard?

Normal - and for a while wolves were a challenge, then Orcs, and so on. And for a very long time I had to worry about 'super-creatures' such as Golems and those mega insects. But now I have died only once since the (level) 40's ... when a pack of 'Octagons' spawned behind me in an underground cave ... :rolleyes:

So there's random spawning also? :(

Not so far as I can tell, it seems more an artifact of having a massive and entirely streaming world - it is more like playing a FPS and getting to a spawn point too soon and watching the enemies ghost spawn in front of you rather than surprise you as you round the corner.

Update: Today I've learned that in the German version of Neverend the map just isn't there, even with all patches & add-ons for this version installed.

Excellent! Now it is time for you to hone your charging skills! Try getting good at lining up "passes" through large camps of enemies, timing your strikes as you fly by to take advantage of the horseback damage bonus. I find it immensely satisfying to charge through a camp, one-hit killing baddies left and right (especially when the avatar lets loose with a “ha!ha!” or a “say hello to death!”). Then once I get well past the camp, slowing down, wheeling my mount, pausing for a moment to enjoy the sight of my distant enemies jumping up and down, howling for my blood, and then digging in the spurs once more, sword held high!!!

…ehem… have I mentioned I like the horseback thing? :blush:

Excellent! Now it is time for you to hone your charging skills!
I actually have no interest in doing it, but in fairness to the game and my reviews I needed to know how much reality there is to the complaints. I understand much better now.

…ehem… have I mentioned I like the horseback thing? :blush:
I managed to glean that ;)

So far, the horse riding is fine. I'm only level 10 with 1 point in riding skill though!!

even though world in conflict may be a great "game", i have to draw a line somewhere, and refuse to play it on its premise alone. hopefully you enjoy it. who knows if you guys throw up a good review of it its possibly i could pry loose the very large mental boulder standing in its way.

even though world in conflict may be a great "game", i have to draw a line somewhere, and refuse to play it on its premise alone. hopefully you enjoy it. who knows if you guys throw up a good review of it its possibly i could pry loose the very large mental boulder standing in its way.

Why is that? An alternate reality RTS based on the cold war not ending as it did?

that premise alone isn't the only reason, but the fact that it goes along with the premise of a "world war 3". also i almosty exclusively play historic or sci-fi/fantasy rts. i can't even think of a modern rts i've ever played. same goes for shooters pretty much. i play non historic games for "i'll never experience this in real life" feeling. a game that deals with world war 3, i think i'd prefer spending 24 hours straight reading national obituaries. and no i've never done that before;)

Back
Top Bottom