Lord of Ultima - Shutting Down in May

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The website for the F2P game Lord of Ultima has news EA has pulled the plug. Starting in May the game will be permanently shutdown.

Today we bring sad news. It pains us to inform you that the final days of Caledonia are drawing near. While glory has flickered in the heart of this new world, the shadows of the old one have risen to take it back from us forever.

It is with a heavy heart that we must inform you, that on Monday 12th May @ 07:00 UTC we will be closing the gates of Lord of Ultima for good and stopping the service in its entirety.
Thanks for the tip TheMadGamer.
smiley-wink.gif

More information.

Guess fans of that game can now play EA's Dungeon Keeper Mobile instead, which is also "highly loved" within the community. ;)

I played some of this ... and I approve of this move! :) And totally agree with Korander and Dartagnan as well ...

I never played the game so I have no opinion. :)

The only F2P EA game I played, and liked was Star Wars: The Old Republic. I wont even touch the new Dungeon Keeper Mobile as it's tarnishes the original two games.^^

I've never understood taking an established IP and putting it in a completely different context. The only time I've know this to work well is Hero's of Might & Magic. Perhaps some here know of others.

To me, it comes down to pure laziness/greed... big company execs don't know what to do with an IP unless it's been around 100 times before so they take an existing brand to 'try out' a completely new kind of game.

Admittedly, I'm biased since I loathe EA for killing off both Origin Systems and Westwood Studios. It's been decades now, perhaps I should let it go already.

Downloaded it, played for 2.5 minutes, deleted it. Who gets paid to come up with this crap? And why do they keep finding work?

Back
Top Bottom