Dishonored - The Knife of Dunwall Review @ PCGMedia

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
PCGMedia's Michael Cromwell checked out the Dishonored DLC The Knife of Dunwall and comes back with some positive feedback.
Stuck in the same morally ambiguous dutiful position as Corvo, Daud feels both familiar and expansive, adding to the over-all tone of the base-game without simply borrowing from it. This really is DLC how it should be, and whilst I’m skeptical of DLC because generally, when I buy it, I find myself lost, confused, and questioning the relevancy of tacked on content to a finished story, I get the impression Arkane Studios are adding that “directors cut” polish to Dishonored as a package, rather than milking us for more cash.
More information.

Check out the comments too. There is nothing wrong with them except that their ads link to an online shop and apparently especially one person is creating a lot of noise on that.

On that PCGmedia site there are 3 social network trackers:- ->
Google +1, Twitter Badge, Facebook Connect.

There are also 4 companies tracking:- ->
Disqus, Wordpress Stats, Comscore Beacon, Google Analytics.

some of these trackers are able to exchange viewer information instantly, for example:-

-> an auction item i was viewing on ebay showed up as an exact duplicate seconds later on a prompt on Youtube.

Tracking has become part of everyday web site surfing, some viewers hate them, some don't mind, some don't care, as to weather it is an infringement of civil liberties is debatable.

Here on the Watch there are 2 trackers are Google Analytics and Viglink, when logged on Viglink is removed.

OK, that's a lot of trackers :)
I think some are added automatically because of the tools they use.

I don't know how much of an infringement it is, but there is some. We use Analytics as it is the standard when communicating with ad providers and because it is one of the better tools for understanding your visitors and potential improvements to make.

Viglink I mentioned in a post here. The income from that is not very large, about 220 Euro a year on average, up to now. Then again that is about 25% of our annual cost :)
Still, I have no issues removing it, when Viglink tracking is a problem.

Be very cautious of this site, check out the Web of Trust (WOT) rating.

pcgmedia.com

And you can see our statement on that here: http://pcgmedia.com/our-wot-rating/

My WoT is a known con. Unfortunately, we've fallen prey to it.

As for the trackers. Disqus handles our comments. The site is hosted by Wordpress, so that's that one. Facebook, social media, etc, are for out-reach. For some reason, a hell of a lot of people are paranoid about our site - considering it makes 0 money, and we actually collect 0 user information. For example, there's no way to even "log in" - it's all via Disqus. Crazy, right?

Check out My Web of Trust's rating on TrustPilot.com (a tool that actually works): http://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.mywot.com Funny, right?

Myrthos is quite right when he inferred from the comments that the My WoT community are just being dicks. It's not the first time, either. Alas.

Back
Top Bottom