Today is ...

The blue ray sdisc set was already known for several months now, no ???

... the day my manuscript for the SciFi-RPG-series novel went to the editor :D. The publisher and RPG-owner (who is a RPG vet, has total franchise control and who finished reading it tonight) liked it; he said he had a good laugh :). Now I'm waiting for the editor's reply... *sigh*

... a day for parades, speeches and brass band music in Norway. And most important: unlimited supply of ice cream for the children.

Why? The release of "The Witcher 2", of course.

Another reason may be the change of the occupation of Monaco from Frence to Austrian.

Other things:
1673: Louis explores Missisippi, which may or may not be related to the events of '49.
1805: Muhammed Ali becomes Wali of Egypt. Didn't know he was that old. Didn't know he was egyptian either. So, no US presidency for him.
1849: A large fire neatly burns St Louis to the ground.
1849: Correction: A large fire nearly burns St Louis to the ground. Sorry about that.
1933: Vidkun Quisling forms the nazi party of Norway. Ahh. The word. "Quisling". One of the many important contributions to the world from Norway. Other contributions: The Scream. And ....
1933: ... Did I mention "The Scream"?
1984: Prince Charles@uk doesn't like something in the National Gallery@London
2011: Second day of the last days of the Endeavour

Notable first time appearances
1590: Anne of Scotland of Denmark
1792: New York stock Exchange. Did you know that there are 130 000 Dow Jones indexes?

Notable second time appearances:
1902: Antikytherea mechanism
2011: Geralt of Riva

Notable first time of last time appearances:
1915: British Liberal Party government. Here's to mr. Clegg!!

… the day my manuscript for the SciFi-RPG-series novel went to the editor :D. The publisher and RPG-owner (who is a RPG vet, has total franchise control and who finished reading it tonight) liked it; he said he had a good laugh :). Now I'm waiting for the editor's reply… *sigh*

Good luck Jaz :)
I wish I could read German ...
I would have wanted to read all your books.

Oh thank you!
The editor was quite content with my MS.
There's a small chance that the SF series will be translated into English, so there's still hope for you ;)

… a day my car got dirty. AND a day we're still here

1626: Peter Minuit takes Manhattan.
1832: First kingdom of Greece is declared in London. This was before GPS.
1846: Zach Taylor takes Monterrey
1861: Union takes Alexandria
1895: British actor Henry Irving is knighted. MACBETH!!!!
1930: Amy Johnson flies from England to Australia. The poor soul. Why. WHY?
1948: Egypt takes Yad Mordechai
1960: Cordon Caulie@Andes erupts
1970: A day in the life of the DEEPEST HOLE EVAR in Kola@Russia. Hobbits?
1976: Californian wine is rated higher than French wine.
2011: No one takes Berlin

Notable first time appearances
1830: Mary's little lamb
1883: Brooklyn Bridge, which is the longest suspension bridge going to Brooklyn and back again

3020000 googles for Eyafjallajøkull
2000000 googles for Katla
65000000 googles for Laki
8890 googles for Arnanipa
1470000 googles for Hekla
3360000 googles for Grímsvötn
9330000 googles for this

Last edited:
.. once again, Turing Day

Notable first time appearances:
1937: Golden Gate bridge
1945: John Fogerty
1961: Amnesty International
1987: Mathias Rust@Moscow
2002: Ice on Mars
2010: Today is.

Notable last time appearances:
2011: Today is.

I've been doing this (irregularly) for exactly one year. There is some work involved, and I don't enjoy doing it as much as I did. So now,on the 1 year anniversary, it's time to let it go. Sorry abbout that *looks at Corwin*, but this is it.

90 400 000 googles for "Today is".

Thank you for watching.

… is not a day Pibbur starts the thread again

0793: Vikings owns the UK. Still do. I think.
1191: Richard of Robin Hood fame goes to Acre, leaving a toilet for a king in the UK
1783: Laki. Be nice to the Icelanders or else …
1794; Cult of the Supreme until 1802 Being
1887: Hollerith Patent
1941: Aliens invade Syria
1949: 1984
1984: 1949

4 googles for "ghjkiuyg".

EDIT:Removed something.

Last edited:
… a day pibbur fooled you all. HAH!

//"evil pibbur"
iFourGooglesForEvilPibbur++;

Last edited:
... pibbur ponders the future of this thread. Maybe turn it into a blog?

*ponders*

Today I woke up early. I always wake up early, it gives me time to sit down and think about nothing. However, today I thought about what I was to do at work. I spent most of my workday with Biztalk, mapping a few economy extracts from our XRay system to messages for our billing software, and the central health authorities, adding a few C# routines to the solution as well. I love working with Biztalk. When I came home, I spent 1 1/2 minutes cuddling the cat, who was very happy to see me.

Today I wore black trousers and a black shirt. Even black socks. I forgot taking my umbrella with me which was kind of sad, since it was raining heavily. Fortunately I had put on my goretex jacket which is waterproof. I've discovered that there's a strap I can tighten on the top of the hood, so it doesn't come down and cover my eyes. Sooooo cool!

I did not buy any shoes.

Gee, there's 681 googles for Pibbur and blog.

*ponders*

Good idea, I actually started my own blog a few months ago. It has a bit of everything from science to politics to religion to philosophy on it if you have nothing better to do, I could send you a PM with the link :)

I don't have many readers, but people who do read it think it's quite good apparently.

Good idea, I actually started my own blog a few months ago. It has a bit of everything from science to politics to religion to philosophy on it if you have nothing better to do, I could send you a PM with the link :)

I don't have many readers, but people who do read it think it's quite good apparently.

Send me the link.

Actually, I don't think I've ever followed a blog (with one possible exception, when Dalboz Dragon (I think it was him) started playing every Ultima game in sequence. And writing about it.

But I've heard about those female-fashion blogs which seems to be popular here in Norway, and attempted (well…) to … compete. :)

But I've heard about those female-fashion blogs which seems to be popular here in Norway, and attempted (well…) to … compete. :)

I want to see your female-fashion blog!

I read that, but I hoped there was more!

Back
Top Bottom