Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Video Interview

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Original Gamer has a video interview on Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Art Director, Jonathan Jacques-Belletete, and the staff at Eidos Montreal understand the pressure that they're under. Living up to a series that started with a game that many consider to be the best PC game ever which was followed-up by a sequel that simply fell on its face, there's no doubt that the pressure is on.
More information.

Living up to a series that started with a game that many consider to be the best PC game ever which was followed-up by a sequel that simply fell on its face, there's no doubt that the pressure is on.

Why does everyone say the sequel fell on it face. I still play both games and find enjoyment out of both titles.

Why does everyone say the sequel fell on it face. I still play both games and find enjoyment out of both titles.

Crappy interface on PC + small environments + unrealistic gameplay (i.e. you need to unload the pistol into somebody's head to kill them…) and probably some people didn't like the story that much.

Although, the interface can be reduced with an applications now and the weapon damage can be edited in one of the config file.

I have Invisible War on my PC (just bought it from Gamersgate for $2.50…), I really should try to finish it...I kind of like it.

Crappy interface on PC + small environments + unrealistic gameplay (i.e. you need to unload the pistol into somebody's head to kill them…) and probably some people didn't like the story that much.

Although, the interface can be reduced with an applications now and the weapon damage can be edited in one of the config file.

I have Invisible War on my PC (just bought it from Gamersgate for $2.50…), I really should try to finish it…I kind of like it.

I know all that but the game is still enjoyable the first had flaws to. Its just that everyone holds it on a high pedestal. I have a feeling the latest one will be a disappointment to.

There is a reviewer copy going around and people have posted videos and there impressions. There mixed.

I know all that but the game is still enjoyable the first had flaws to. Its just that everyone holds it on a high pedestal. I have a feeling the latest one will be a disappointment to.

There is a reviewer copy going around and people have posted videos and there impressions. There mixed.

Mixed? Only if you are a graphics-whore from what I have seen. Lots of Hardcore DX fans who didn't believe the game was going to live up to the name are now pre-ordering after trying the leak.

Mixed? Only if you are a graphics-whore from what I have seen. Lots of Hardcore DX fans who didn't believe the game was going to live up to the name are now pre-ordering after trying the leak.
Not all are sold, but the great majority, yes.
The complains are mostly about the graphics, orange filter, AI opponents and mouse control. At least the last two might be corrected before release. As for the graphics, maybe because this was only a preview, maybe the final version has better textures.
The orange filter, maybe a mod....
All the rest is receiving high praise.

Graphic whore gotta love that word when someone says the graphics look dated. I have faith the game might be good. Just remember its been more than 10 years and gaming tastes have changed.

Back
Top Bottom