Mass Effect 2 - Lair of the Shadowbroker Preview @ IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
IGN is impressed with a short demo they played of Lair of the Shadowbroker:
The first true bridging downloadable content BioWare has produced, Lair of the Shadow Broker will be playable at any point in your game after you travel to Illium. Because your decisions here will actually affect certain storylines in Mass Effect 3, and more importantly, you can finally resume your romantic relationship with Liara (if you successfully wooed her in the first game), this promises to be the best DLC for Mass Effect 2 to date. Lair of the Shadow Broker also houses more cut scenes and dialogue sequences than in any of the previous DLC offerings and will play out over a few hours. Yesterday I had the privilege of getting my hands on it for about 30 minutes, and that time left me wanting more.
More information.

Beat the game ages ago. Am I going to have to re-load a save pre-endgame to play this?

Overlord was great, definitely one of the best, if not the best DLC I've seen.

I agree with JemyM. In fact, Overlord ended up being one of the best quests in ME2 in my opinion.

This DLC has the potential to be just as good (or better) - the story of Liara and the Shadowbroker might just turn out to be a very interesting sidequest.

I'll definetly grab it the next time I intend to replay ME2 (which is most likely months from now).

Very nice. I look forward to it. I romanced Liara in the first game and was disappointed at what a brief role she played in the second. Unfortunately, something went awry with my Save from ME1, so I wasn't able to import that character and history with Liara. The experience with her in the DLC will be less interesting than had I been able to import, but still, I look forward to playing.

You can always import a savegame from the internet:
http://www.masseffectsaves.com/

Just navigate through the choices you made, and select your savegame. You'll be able to change the face/class after importing.

No kidding. Thanks for passing that on. I'm halfway through the game right now, so I don't want to start over, but maybe if I do a second run.

One of the very few DLCs that actually sound interesting, I'll probably regret just a little that I won't be playing/buying it.

Back
Top Bottom