The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Reason for Delay

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Gamerant's Andrew Dyce posted a new article for The Witcher 3 that talks about the delay, and quotes the developer saying it's because "The Open World Was Missing"

As one of the very first games confirmed to be coming only to next-gen home consoles, CD Projekt Red set expectations for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt even higher than they may have been on their own. But after putting on an impressive show at E3 2013, the developers announced that the game would be delayed from its initial release date, hitting store shelves on February 24, 2015. So why did the team need the extra time? According to the heads of development, the game’s open world just wasn’t up to the level they demanded.
More information.

Bah.
It was delayed because they don't want to sell bugs and they will not make Sims houses lousy rip-off and sell that separately.

I want this game now. No, I want it after I've finished TW2… no, wait D:OS comes after that. But then! Damn… Risen 3, Wasteland 2, DA:I... hrgngrrr! I want more freetime to play. :(

Just get it right. Creating a massive game like this takes time, so a delay or two is nothing to worry about.

I want this game now. No, I want it after I've finished TW2… no, wait D:OS comes after that. But then! Damn… Risen 3, Wasteland 2, DA:I… hrgngrrr! I want more freetime to play. :(
And hopefully Age of Decadence! ;)

I should just cancel my job. Who needs money anyway? Ah.. damn… I need it to buy games. Sigh. Life is cruel.

Maybe you could use Kickstarter to fund your gaming habit Morrandir? :)

Well, if they fund a guy making potato salad, they should fund me as well! :D

If someone with enough discipline would take front position, I promise to provide a solid and thorough design ;)

The Watch should kickstart something eventually, no? :)

Afaic, they can take as long as they want. It's not like I'm going to run out of games to play over the next year. :)

Back
Top Bottom