The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I think Peter was pretty close to 5 last night, but I'm not sure. I'm just a couple ranks into 3 though.

I also have my poor Cleric at 7, who might be persuaded to enter the fray for a suitable amount of cookies. C is for cookie you know.

That was a short Mabar !

They apparingly did an "Preview" of it to see whether their patch for it really works. Lasted1 or 2 hours. Get some motes, but others in the PUG got more, it seemed to me.

Well, after it, I found out 3 things :

- U16 ate my Mabar Dragon Scales !
- U16 ate my Mabar Keys !
- U16 ate my Friends List !

I had read about the friends list being gone already in the forums - yet I couldn't quite believe it. But now I found it it's true ! Oh, my …
I hope it's still there, somewhere, and not completely eradicated.

So, it looks like the TRv4.0 plan is already toast since we've got far too much spread. No biggie.

I thought Reywind had already made 13 with his ranger. My bad. If y'all don't get time to catch up, we'll just take the level after we do the first walkup.

So I helped Corwin get the rest of the XP needed to get him to level 13, and I got my 600XP i needed to level as well. We've both now taken level 13 in preparation for Friday night game :)

Get yer level, folks! Everyone should take 13 and we'll be ready to roll on Friday. That might help Sherwin as well, since he was nearly topped out, IIRC.

I must correct myself :

Well, after it, I found out 3 things :

- U16 ate my Mabar Dragon Scales !
- U16 ate my Mabar Keys !

These two things are not true !

I had parked them at another toon, and completely forgotten about it, *sigh*.

I have a slight understanding problem : In order to be able to run any of the new packs I need to purchase the MOTU package first ?

That's what I've been wondering about for a long time now.

And I do wonder what will be in the store, as well ... Because the U16 splash screen spoke of new items in the shop - including new pets/companions.

Shall I take level 13 on my paladin and cleric BEFORE the runs on Friday? This way we don't waste time having to level and get items from the reincarnation cache etc.

Well darn, I have a busy week and miss everything. Ok, I will see about the lowbie ranger. Not sure about that, as I have one now not in guild but let me think on it. A halfling might be fun. So are we holding these at a certain level so can start grouping up on Friday? Or has that gone by the wayside?

Not sure if I have made 13 yet on the regular Friday girl but will run something to get close if can't make it today.

@ Peter- Yes, that's the plan.

I decided to buy Reavers Reach last week on sale...to cheap to pass up. I am also almost ready for 15 or 16. Been playing on other servers so I forget where I'm at on this character. I'll still try to join in on Friday nights, but I'm very busy this Friday night, working from home though so I'll try. Still waiting for gianthold to go on sale so I can get the favor to get another backpack slot.

New DDO Store sales :

- "Limited time release" of … drumroll … Water Elemental companions ! Or "[cosmetic] pets", both words seem to be used for them nowadays.

Here http://www.ddo.com/us/ddostorelimitedrelease

Additionally :

- 30 % off Devil Assault.
- 20 % off "character bank upgrades"
- 20 % off : Jewel Of Fortune, Slayer Count Boost, Bells Of Opening (which similar to the "knock" spell, only that they would sound rather not like "knock", but rather like "ding" or "doing" or even "boing" , depending on how hard you use it for knocking on doors & chests … ;) ;) - I bought a single one long, long ago - and I didn't hear any sound at all … )

Okay, the page also says that at "Black Friday" (November, 23rd", there'll be "Sales & Promotions coming soon !"

Free Item Of The Week :

November 16-22
Lesser Experience Elixir
Use Coupon Code LEE432
1 / Account

Everything can be seen here : http://www.ddo.com/ddostoresale

Peter and I did part of the new chain. Like Eveningstar, it is several flagging quests with a final afterwards, and a chain giver. We did not do them in order.

The High Road explorer is much like the King's Forest, except not as excessively huge. We managed 4 different rare encounters, a werewolf, a half-orc sorcerer, wood woad, and a specter. Mobs are sparse and scattered though, but with just two real players and a bunch of hires, that may change with a full group.

Quests are actually varied this time around, and are far, far better than Druid's Deep. Each of the three quests we did was in a different location, with a ruined castle, a village courtyard, and a swamp. While nothing is outstanding about them, nothing is bad either, and the XP isn't bad, pretty well on par for the Eveningstar quests. Level is 24, but they were not difficult, and Albus had little problems keeping up with me. It pays to read the dialog and even an item description or two.

Bugs seem rare, with the only one being that we got an optional after we completed the task, but it was able to be completed anyway by redoing it. Also, some Dryads' trees were not there, I think the trees spawned outside the map. We just ignored them, as they're no threat.

All in all, I'd say it's a marked step up from the garbage that was Druid's Deep. Not really a recommended buy, either for fun factor or for must-have gear (at a glance, there are a few nice items, but nothing mandatory), but solid enough that I didn't feel ripped off. Still, it's a far cry from the high quality of House Cannith (crappy XP aside), Harbringer and Reign of Madness, or even the bulk of the Eveningstar/Underdark quests.

Last edited:
Another update to the update, and not a tiny one. Be prepared.

Correction. Lots of files, but they're fairly small. After the first 50 files or so, it flies.

Back
Top Bottom