Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmmm the word "views" is quiet strange, is it the amount of topics or the times that forum has been watched? because the word points at my second options while it seems to be more liek the first one.
just find it a bit confusing at times

The 80 x 80 and <10kB stopped me for a bit - but most image progs should be able to strip colors and/or compress further ... I ended up at 1kB, which told me that the limit was a good idea.

*grunt*

I keep having to log in. Is this normal?
I log in, click on "User CP" and have to log in again. So I log in again, go to "Options", customize those, press "save", and I have to log in once more!

Rather frustrating. And no, I have not checked "remember me".

Yet another enquiry: when commenting on news, would it be possible to have the news itself appear in a separate field above the comment filed? Just like the way it was on RPGdot.
You mean, when a first comment is created? Yep, that would be nice, as would be a quick reply box for unregistered users.

mmmm the word "views" is quiet strange, is it the amount of topics or the times that forum has been watched? because the word points at my second options while it seems to be more liek the first one.
Views seems to be vBulletin's way of counting the amount of times a forum has been "viewed" = "watched". You'll just have to get used to it. :)

I keep having to log in. Is this normal?
I log in, click on "User CP" and have to log in again. So I log in again, go to "Options", customize those, press "save", and I have to log in once more!
No, that's not normal. Which browser are you using?

Using "remember me" or not shouldn't matter, because you'll receive a cookie anyway. So, first thing to do is make sure cookies are allowed for rpgwatch.com. Next thing you could try is checking if there are cookies for rpgwatch.com stored in your browser and delete them.

Using "remember me" or not shouldn't matter, because you'll receive a cookie anyway. So, first thing to do is make sure cookies are allowed for rpgwatch.com. Next thing you could try is checking if there are cookies for rpgwatch.com stored in your browser and delete them.

I had the problem with both IE and Mozilla Firefox, though only when I try to access the website from work. Here at home I have no problem. Could it be the firewall that somehow blocks the cookies?

Light style "bug": When you click on a forum poster's name to get the popup menu "View Public Profile..." the hover text color and background are the same color (white on white), so you can't read the selected text. That's when you hover over the text. When you only hover over the cell and not the text, it's okay (gray background and white text).

I had the problem with both IE and Mozilla Firefox, though only when I try to access the website from work. Here at home I have no problem. Could it be the firewall that somehow blocks the cookies?
Probably. It sounds a lot like overzealous security settings. If you can't change those on your own, I'm not sure how to make it work...

Light style "bug": When you click on a forum poster's name to get the popup menu "View Public Profile..." the hover text color and background are the same color (white on white)
Putting that on the list. Those popup menus haven't been adjusted yet to the custom styles.

On the main site, The News Drop Down menu link for "All MMO News" has the wrong link. It goes to the RPG News page: ?rwsiteid=1 instead of ?rwsiteid=2.

(The same menu link is working correctly on the forum pages.)

Fixed. It's amazing how many details can go wrong when you're copying and pasting all the time.

Dark Lapis Style update: I've changed a few things, still not 100% happy with it, but it should be more legible than before. You might have to shift-reload the site for the changes to take effect.

My gripe is fixed. Well done as always, Arhu!

I agree, numbers, names ect are all much easier to read now. You are the best as Dte said. :)

When a thread has multiple pages (I know you can set the number of post per page, but I noticed it when I was still logged out), there are no "go to last page" and "go to first page" buttons.

They will be there once there are 5 pages or more I believe.

Alright, thanks.
Although lazy people like me would already use such a button when there are three pages.

Don't know if it would be considered a bug, but when you put up a post, your post sets the flag for "new posts in thread" even if you view it after typing it in. I keep checking to see if there's been a "simul-post" only to find it's mine.

Don't know if it would be considered a bug, but when you put up a post, your post sets the flag for "new posts in thread" even if you view it after typing it in. I keep checking to see if there's been a "simul-post" only to find it's mine.

I think that is currently a 'feature' ;) I see it as well.

News comments are shown in the wrong order. I activated "latest on top" in the options.

- bottom: first reader comment
- 2nd: the newsbit
- 3rd, etc.: more comments.

After I posted an answer the thread is reloaded to include my new post. It´s not marked as "read" though, so when I reload the thread list it´s still "unread".

Wrong order for "newest first" and the "quick reply not marked as read" things are most likely vBulletin bugs I have no idea how to fix. We'll have to wait for updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom