Torment: Tides of Numenera - 1 Day Left! More Add-ons, Sagus Cliffs Set to Music

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
With one day to go InXile offer what seems to be their last major update including a tech presentation of the previous screenshot with animation & Mark Morgan music.
TL;DR: Sagus Cliffs in Unity with new Mark Morgan music (video). New add-ons! Colin McComb answers some of your questions (video).
Hello Forgotten Ones,
28 hours left. We had a strong showing yesterday – over 2500 new backers (hi!) and $150K! Today is going even better – we’re well on track to eclipse yesterday’s totals. A special thanks to Obsidian Entertainment who, in a classy show of solidarity, formally pledged to Torment today, helping us to climb toward their own record. Can we reach $4M and become the most funded video game Kickstarter yet? RPG fans unite!
To review the rewards included with each pledge Tier, check out the tables on our tumblr site. Descriptions of the rewards can be found here.
And to look at the available add-ons (and how to include add-ons in your pledge) check here.
We'll be sending a brief update tomorrow morning, but with this one you've seen all we have to show. =) Onward to the finale!

More information.

I didn't pledge and won't as I didn't like the first torment. I will however check out reviews to see if there are enough changes for this game to interest me.

I'm hoping for better combat ( have they said what kind of combat they're going with yet), less humor, different death mechanics and doesn't read like a long, long novel.

I'm not optimistic about them making the changes I'd like to see as most of what I want changed is what made torment, torment.

I'm not optimistic about them making the changes I'd like to see as most of what I want changed is what made torment, torment.

Hence the new game is called Torment as well ;) Here's hoping they don't make too many changes.

Regarding the combat systems - they have stated they are going to let the backers decide and it is looking like turn based/phased based or real time with pause. Its possible combat won't be a huge part of this game so i'm not fussed either way they go. Check the update 14 video by Tony Evans for more info on the combat system.

Hence the new game is called Torment as well ;) Here's hoping they don't make too many changes.
We won't. If Planescape: Torment wasn't for you, you should probably not back this project. We do plan on better combat, and a quality-over-quantity approach to it with less grind, but much of the rest of it in style, weirdness and text-vomitness will still be in.

We won't. If Planescape: Torment wasn't for you, you should probably not back this project. We do plan on better combat, and a quality-over-quantity approach to it with less grind, but much of the rest of it in style, weirdness and text-vomitness will still be in.

Sounds perfect.

Didn't know you were on the team by the way, who are you in the real world?

And that is exactly what I want from a Torment spiritual sequel.

Excellent, the sunken city stretch goal has been reached :) What a great result.

Back
Top Bottom