Risen 2 - Story Contest @ WoR

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Frozen Fireball writes in to say World of Risen has a "Cock-and-bull" story contest open for the budding writers out there:

Piranha Bytes, World of Risen and Deep Silver are looking for the greatest storyteller in Caldera!

Your story starts on the coast of an almost forgotten island – the ‘Isle of Thieves’.
The Nameless Hero has been marooned on a picturesque beach on the coast of the mysterious Isle of Thieves.

The hero’s first thought of course is “How the hell do I get off this island?” and sets off to explore the beach and surrounding area, going a little deeper into the thick jungle, when he happens upon a little talking gnome who calls himself Jaffar.

This is the point at which you can start writing your story.

Write 2 to 3 pages at a font size of Times New Roman 12 and tell us your tale of what you think may have happened next with the Nameless Hero and Jaffar on their first joint adventure.
Use these words in your text: “thief”, “jip jip” (gnomish for yes), “ship”, “trip”, “hat”, “rucksack”, “sword”, “feather”.
Of course every great adventure should end with some loot and we offer the following bootie as a reward for your efforts:
1st place: Risen 2 Collector’s Edition, Risen 2 Notebook, Risen 2 T-shirt, Risen 2 Mousepad and a Risen gnome figure
2nd & 3rd place: Risen 2 Notebook, Risen 2 T-shirt, Risen 2 Mousepad and a Risen gnome figure

To enter the competition, send us your story by the 30th November 2011 via e-mail with the subject “storycontest” to competition@deepsilver.com.
You can also post your story in the forum and discuss these amongst yourselves as well. The jury is made up of Deep Silver staff, World of Risen staff and members of Piranha Bytes and we will announce the winners on 19th December 2011.
You can find the terms and conditions here

More information.

Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll try to write something as I have some ideas and would really love to get my hands on some of that booty! Also, I simply love Piranha Bytes, so that alone is a reason to try.

A thing though, you copied the wrong link up there… you probably had that interview with Swen from Larian opened in a tab when you posted this. Here's the good link:

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1072535-Cock-and-bull-story-contest

I feel genuinely sorry for the people that will be judging those stories.

i never did get these story contests, are they a publicity stunt or that they actually have really bad scripters that they turn to the community?

Maybe it would be better if they hire some storywriters I think...
Personally I don't care of this contest, if I just want the Risen 2 CE, I'll just buy and play it.
But to each its own, of course...

I participated in 2 small story contests for dtp (Drakensang 1 and Divinity 2), and I lost in both.
Therefore I will never write again in story contests.
I plan to translate my story I wrote for Divinity 2 one day, though.

Having people on staff that write the stories is one thing but having a contest potentially could give more variety then just having your staff do the writing. Even if an author that I really liked wrote enough novels to last me a lifetime and more I would still read novels from many other authors because it would get boring reading from the same author over and over again.

Back
Top Bottom