Risen 2 UK Risen 2 preorder

Yep, just saw that (skipped to the end to avoid the spoilers)... :thumbsdown:
Summer sale it is.

It's worth repeating from the thread in the news forum - greenmangaming.co.uk has a 20% off voucher until 16th April, which brings it down to £31.96. Still overpriced (I remember getting Alpha Protocol for £18 on release just a couple of years ago), but far more reasonable.

The voucher is PROMO-FESTI-VAL20

Now that does make a difference, thanks for posting! :)

Daniel.

Why is marketing of German RPGs so poor for the international market? First Divinity 2 is botched, then Drakensang: River of Time, and now Risen 2. It was going to be a day one purchase, now I'll wait for it to drop into the bargain bin next year… C'est la vie.

I've ordered it, £32 isn't unreasonable as I have been looking forward to it for a while.

That being said Legend of Grimrock for £7.50 is a bit of a bargain by comparison!

Daniel.

Why is marketing of German RPGs so poor for the international market? First Divinity 2 is botched, then Drakensang: River of Time, and now Risen 2. It was going to be a day one purchase, now I'll wait for it to drop into the bargain bin next year… C'est la vie.

Divinity 2 was by Larian, who I'm pretty sure isn't German.

Anyways, we really don't have anything to complain about. It's only $50 over here, which is average for most new games and $10 less than some.

Right, my bad, but their publisher was German (DTP and CDV), plus 1C. It's a mess…

Can you get a $50 hardcopy with manual and the pre-order bonus somewhere in the States? If so, then I am truly mistaken.

All I see is a PC download on amazon for $45 (with the pre-order bonus DLC). I certainly am not going to pay that much for digital copy… :/

No idea about a hardcopy.. I want to start playing Risen 2 as soon as possible, which is why I'm going with digital download.

Unless it's a collector's edition, most hardcopies nowadays don't include anything besides the disc and a crappy manual… if they include a manual at all. For that reason, I'm going with digital downloads from now on, with an occasional CE.

Since it's PB - I'd have no problem paying 50 euros - but that IS pushing it a bit.

I have no doubt I'll find a cheaper copy somewhere, though.

Yeah, it's 349 DKR. on coolshop.dk (local retailer) - and that's somewhat cheaper.

More than worth it, assuming it's on par with other PB titles.

My local retailer in S.Africa only has it available from May 11 - 2 weeks after its released on Steam. I really do like physical boxes and manuals, but I can't wait another 2 weeks to play! aaaaaar! Is the 11 May release date shared by other non-EU territories? Just curious. Retail here is ZAR361
(http://www.takealot.com/all/?qsearch=risen+2) ~ R35 Euros . Steam seems to be somewhat more - $50 (=ZAR 390)?

It looks like Amazon US is now selling a pre-order for a hardcopy of Risen 2: Dark Waters Special Edition for $50 - shipping May 22.

The Special Edition is exclusively for pre-ordered copies of Risen 2 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 or PC. It includes alternate box art, the Treasure Isle DLC mission pack and a double-sided poster.

BTW, the pre-order for the hardcopy of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings ENHANCED EDITION (which includes a bonus digital comic book, oh boy) is also $50. Odd, eh?

I should probably decide on one of them.

BTW, the pre-order for the hardcopy of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings ENHANCED EDITION (which includes a bonus digital comic book, oh boy) is also $50. Odd, eh?

I should probably decide on one of them.

If you bought Witcher 2, you will be able to download and upgrade to the enhanced edition for free.

Afaik, the Special Editions are still only for the PS3 and Xbox over here. I just checked Amazon and there is no listing for a PC version.

I never did buy a retail copy of The Witcher 2 (purchased mine from GOG), but I might still buy one when they hit the bargain bin. Unlike most boxed PC games now, TW2 actually has a decent manual and full color map.

I pre ordered a boxed pc version on amazon on may 24. They haven't cancelled it but I did notice they only offer the digital download for purchase now. My boxed version is 49.99 and the digital download is 45.99. I hope there's no mix up if I just get a steam code on release I will not be happy.

Odd… when I do a search for Risen 2 PC on Amazon it only shows the digital download version.

The version in that link also shows a May 22 release date... almost a a full month after the US Steam release.

Does anyone know where to get a hard copy of the collector's edition for PC? Deep Silver told me I could get it through a EU reseller, but they didn't bother to mention which one(s). Could anyone help a US brother out?

Back
Top Bottom