Is the IGN NWN vault permanently down?

Drithius

Magic & Loss
I was looking at various mods and modules just yesterday but the entire site seems to be down now. I seem to recall some news a while back about something to do with IGN going offline - was this it? Or is this just a case of a temporary unlucky coincidence?

http://nwvault.ign.com/

(specifically looking for: Tony K's Henchman Utility & the Sands of Fate module)

Last edited:
On the Bioware forums the new owner of the site said it's falling apart and a version 2 was in the process of being made. Though it looks like the site may be gone because of Atari and IGN shut it down.
<the good, the bad…>

The good news is that the sky is not falling!
But if it is we have a bomb shelter. As Pain mentioned above, we have all the project files and metadata archived (as of last Sunday). And we have hosting for the next two years paid for.

The bad news is most of that is still in archive form and inaccessible. We are working on that.

The odd thing is, if you go to the vault hub (which is the hub for all the IGN Vault network) the ads are all old (mostly Warcraft), but *all* the "Network Headlines" are NwN headlines from the nwvault :p

Am I the *only* admin doing any updates at all at all? :p
Here is the link -http://social.bioware.com/forum/Nev...ng-into-IGN-neverwinter-vault-16925479-1.html

Here is the new vault website- http://neverwintervault.org/
I first knew we were in trouble when Maximus accepted my offer to help with what sounded almost like relief.

Couldn't be. I just have a vivid imagination.Then we started having probs with email. And with the Hall of Fame. And…Well.

I floated the idea of a vault backup, well, a long time ago. Fire extinguisher, sprinklers. Maybe even a safe place to put the files.Last October I was seriously frightened by the things I saw and didn't see, the things everyone heard and the things only I heard.

A few other people started talking to me and helping out.And the vault got worse.I'm starting to pontificate. Not my intention.Pain & Tarot, Werelynx & Henesua. Others. A lot of people have been working hard over the last two months saving stuff.

We have archive of all the project files through last Sunday. We have copies of the meta data and copies of the download counts and award tags and at least the first page of comments.

We have archives of most of the articles and tutorials. We even have the surviving "top ten" lists (some of which even feature a certain old wizard from 2001 ;-)

The library may be burning, but the books are safe.Not everything works. Not everything works right. But the new place is starting to come together. I rather like it here.And, given the opportunity, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't let a crazy old wizard and his smart-beaked bird work here =)

Last edited:
Uh Oh, I got some stuff on there. Fortunately, most of my stuff I got backed up on CD, etc. Its just all unorganized.

Has there been any other game that had a repository as good as NWN. The beauty of the site was not only was it central, it wasn't owned by Bioware so it wasn't subject to the politics of the company. The only time it really had a problem was when methods were developed to port Dungeon Siege graphics over and, of course, the Star Wars mods.

Thanks Couch. Apparently, I couldn't have picked a worse time to try getting back into NWN1… heh. Hopefully that archive gets up and running ok.

I wonder what else Atari is going to shut down next. First Baldur's Gate EE and now the vault.:shakefist: I think I'm going to backup all my mods and other files just in case some of them never return.

Last edited:
Whoa, you're not supposed to be playing old games. In fact, if you don't buy a new game a week you're ruining the industry! ;)

That is bad news. I had a couple of mods up there that I'm not sure I've got anymore.

Whoa, you're not supposed to be playing old games. In fact, if you don't buy a new game a week you're ruining the industry! ;)

Sad truth, yes.

Greed has taken over.

Back
Top Bottom