The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Alice in Chains - Jar of FLies

the only cd I'm not intimately familiar with, and one widely praised as one of their best. So far I'm not really feeling it...
Perhaps that will change with time

Today's theme: Girl Power

attachment.php

Suzi Quatro - Can The Can

Nena & Kim Wilde - Anyplace, Anywhere, Anytime

Patti Smith,because the night

Girlschool - Race With Devil / Emergency at Rock Hard 2012

Joan Jett - Crimson And Clover

Zepparella - Dazed And Confused - Live in San Francisco

Dover - devil came to me (live)

Attachments

• girlpower010.jpg
    girlpower010.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 173
Always did like that Joan Jett cover.

Actually, I've been working on another theme list of my own. Retro goes without saying. See if y'all can figure it out.

"Desert Moon" by Dennis DeYoung
"Oh Sherrie" by Steve Perry
"Emotion in Motion" by Rik Ocasek
"Lights Out" by Peter Wolfe
"Glory of Love" by Peter Cetera
"Had a Dream" by Roger Hodgson
"I Know There's Something Going On" by Frida

edit - somehow I missed the obvious one, which might help with the theme:
"California Girls" by David Lee Roth

Last edited:
Looks like 80's to me. ;)

Wow, Hole & Juliana Hatfield brings back memories of seeing them live, Courtney was amazing, Juliana very good until she opened her mouth (her head came across as a neuron free zone)

Wow, Hole & Juliana Hatfield brings back memories of seeing them live, Courtney was amazing, Juliana very good until she opened her mouth (her head came across as a neuron free zone)
I've read a few interviews with Juliana and I think the whole airhead thing is largely a character she plays. I don't think she's exactly a Rhodes Scholar (she does come across as a bit of a drunk), but she's got more on the ball than it might seem. With so many of her songs having a strong undercurrent of self-loathing, a healthy scoop of dipshit in the recipe actually makes some sense.

I just found out that the Bangles actually published an new album last year.
Now, how do I get it ? The options seem to be very sparse. The cheapest sources are Amazon Marketplace vendors from the U.S. ...

@Alrik: Sweetheart of the Sun from 2011?

Yes, this one. I just can't understand that I missed it. I'm standing in disbelief before my self, so to say. ;)

Devil's Blood.
Full ALbum "the thousandfold epicentre"

This is something else. This is Mercyful Fate actually sung by a woman instead of King Diamond, done psychedelia, and it's.. at once amazing but unsettling and downright eerie at times. These people sound possessed. I feel like I've allowed something entrance into this realm by letting this play.

I cannot recommend it enough.

I've been looking for some good female-fronted hard occult-based rock. Like Blood Ceremony, that's really the last good female fronted cult-rock I discovered. Tho Purson is not really heavy on the occult stuff, i can still recommend them. They have a very distinct sound, and have grown on me. Devil's Blood tho, wow..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom