ES4: Oblivion - New Content Coming Soon @ Shack News

Kalia

Watchdog
Shack News is carrying an official press release from Bethesda regarding a new content download that will be available on November 21st. Called "Knights of the Nine", the download will feature new quests and a new faction:
October 17, 2006 (Rockville, MD) — Bethesda Softworks® today announced plans to make its new Knights of the Nine™ content for The Elder Scrolls IV®: Oblivion™ available for the Xbox 360™ videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows via download and a new retail Windows product. Knights of the Nine will be available through Xbox Live® Marketplace for Xbox 360 and http://www.obliviondownloads.com/ on November 21st.
Knights of the Nine will also be available as a Windows boxed product at retail on the 21st. The retail version of Knights of the Nine is a compilation that will include all the other Oblivion downloadable content released to date: Horse Armor, The Orrery, Wizard’s Tower, Vile Lair, Thieves Den, Mehrunes’ Razor, and Spell Tomes. Bethesda Softworks will publish and distribute Knights of the Nine at retail directly in North America and through a co-publisher arrangement with Ubisoft in Europe.
More information

Hilarious. I knew that waiting out all these rediculous nickel and dime releases would result in a budget priced boxed set.

But its not really an expansion is it? If its $10 it might be worth picking up?

Seems like the Knights stuff is the expansion, with the other things thrown in as a bonus. I don't care for the horse armor and the spell tomes and the wizard's w.c. but I want the knights stuff.

Shades of a Might And Magic9 debacle

Sad Bethesda resorting to recycling low quality inferior merchandise for a quick buck for a game still needing balance fixes/patches up the wazoo.I doubt from Oblivions track record the Knights Of The Nine stuff will be memorable. At least the real rpg of the year NEVERWINTER NIGHTS 2 will be out this coming Halloween.

Cutting Glass Red

Oblivion is only worth playing with Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul mod if you ask me. It fixes ALOT of things, and adds a bunch too. It's so much better than Vanilla Oblivion, it's not even funny.

If it aint worth playing out of the box...

Oblivion is only worth playing with Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul mod if you ask me. It fixes ALOT of things, and adds a bunch too. It's so much better than Vanilla Oblivion, it's not even funny.

I dont like using mods. I have better things to do then be a beta tester for someone who most of the time ends up having a snobbish attitude towards the player just because they can "mod". I just wanna play the game. If the game alone doesnt keep my attention I stop playing in a months time or less. Last elderscrolls game I enjoyed was daggerfall. There was a complete rpg which I play to this day on my old dos machine. Morrowind bored me and was a 32bit hardware hog when all the graphics would have looked just as good at 16bit. Hopefully we will see a blood moon type expansion for oblivion to make it worth going back to. This knights of the nine just looks like a quick cash cow scheme.

Cutting Glass Red

Re: content - it is supposed to be ~20 hours and give an actual 'good aligned' class. Class in the standard Oblivion "you can simultaneously belong to the 'pro-cheese' and 'anti-cheese' factions" sense, of course ;)

Re: pricing - since the mods out now total ~$14, I wouldn't be surprised if it sold for $20.

Back
Top Bottom