Age of Fear - Multiplayer added, sales promo

Dhruin

SasqWatch
We've posted on this fantasy turn-based strategy game before, so the folks behind Age of Fear sent us news of a major update that adds multiplayer, as well as a sales promo:
A multi-player feature patch (v1.1.2) has been released today for Age of Fear: The Undead King (http://www.age-of-fear.net).

There is promotion until 6th of June:
* 25% OFF PRICE!
* for any purchase until 6th of June, you will receive TWO licenses instead of one (to share with your friend!).

Age of Fear: The Undead King is a fantasy turn-based strategy. The game features a novel battle system, two campaigns with solid fantasy stories and very flexible multi-player/skirmish mode.
The story takes place in an untamed fantasy land, where three forces: the Human Kingdom, the Greenskins' Horde and the Undead Legion - are fighting for domination and survival.
Age of Fear: The Undead King is available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux systems (serial key is fully interchangeable between versions).

Among other things, core engine has been heavily modified to accommodate multi-player mode and skirmishes:
- Age of Fear now supports battles with Local/HotSeat Players vs. Networked Players (up to 16 remote clients!) vs. AI Players (as well as any mix of those),
- players can design their army from scratch, while AI is capable to intelligently build its own team (or reusing existing player's army),
- moreover, our AI should be able to adjust itself to virtually any tactical situation - please feel free to experiment with it!

Changes/Updates:
- Multi-player and Skirmish mode
- several UI adjustments (i.a.: unit swap in recruitments panel)
- balance adjustments to units (i.a.: Undead King now causes fear, Shaman/Warlock can cure poison)
- major enhancements to AI module (pattern detection, optimized flow)
- extended demo (4th mission)
More information.

Here is a review from Out of Eight

I agree completely with that review. The dang game had me hooked once I tried the demo. It didn't hurt that a sale was about to end, but I still would have bought it no matter what.

It's hard, the AI doesn't cheat and best of all I was a necromancer for a change. No freaking goody two shoe hero for me thank you very much :)

Give the demo a shot. Although I warn you that the demo will end right when you are going to get ghost units. I had to buy the dang thing just to see what they would do :p

Back
Top Bottom