Matt Chat - Might and Magic VI Retrospective

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
After Might and Magic III, VI is probably the longest and most arduous of the series for me, but also very satisfying when you finally beat it.

Does anyone else still have one of these on their hard drives? :)

Attachments

• MM6_Win.jpg
    MM6_Win.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 77
@Pladio

Err, wrong game my good man!

Last edited:
M&M 6 was my number one game of all time until I played Gothic 2.

I sure wish JVC could convice EA to let him make another single player RPG. After working on Command and Conquer for the past few years, he might add some interesting tweaks to a brand new RPG.

Really liked M&M VI but I could never finish it due to the sheer hordes of enemies thrown at you...it just got too much at some point and I gave up....

Last edited:
That is too sweet. I loved MM2 and played it for like a year straight on my Apple 2e. JVC is the man and when he and NWC did RPG's and strategy games I think they are some of the best games of all time. I think if I had to pick one last game to ever play before I died it would either be MM2 or HoMM 3 :)

No but I still have my MM2 one that NWC posted out to you. Here it is.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/show_big_potd.php?id=288

That's awesome mate! Thanks for sharing. A fantastic memento for sure.
I love the line about FPS (fun per second) before the modern usage of the acronym even existed - too funny!

Might and Magic II is actually the only one of the series that I haven't completed. I've got an original for it for C64 as well, but just haven't found the time to get back to it. Played it intensely one summer back in 95 or so, but never really got that far. I really like the game's atmosphere though as it reminds me of the same period that Bard's Tale III came out. (1988). Maybe one day I'll get back to it!

I could never get M&M 2 to run. I don't know why, but I had this really cool looking game with no way to play it. Sucked big time.

Congrats Ryder. I get a warm fuzzy feeling to know that my handwriting sucks as much as JVCs :) Must be a computer thing because ever since I was a kid I'd either type my homework or print it out.

I meant when I was a kid. I couldn't get it to run then :p No matter what I did the dang thing wouldn't start. Can't remember if it was on the C64 or Dos.

Now it works just fine.

Back
Top Bottom