Grim Dawn - Combat Video Redux

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Looks like the Grim Dawn pre-Alpha combat video one of our readers noticed a few days back has been officially released and you can now watch it (again). The blurb from the official site:
Huzzah! At long last, we are very proud to present our first video of Grim Dawn gameplay. This video shows a mostly soldier class character rampaging through the Burrwitch Slums area outside Devil's Crossing. Behold as zombies are gibbed, furniture is trashed, and... well, more things are gibbed! Rounding out the end of the video is a peak at one of the demolition class skills: canister bomb.
Thanks also to juanpablo87 for a similar submission.
More information.

Looks better than D3.
Seems my preorder won't be a wasted money :)

Im ready to be addicted to you Grim Dawn. Seriously , this does look better than D3.

Looks good, any idea when it will be released?

End of this summer , early fall .

For the alpha, this year, possibly. No actual release date though. From their FAQ, which was updated today:

http://www.grimdawn.com/about_faq.php
"That said, we hope to release an alpha in 2011 but, after all the blood and sweat we've invested in this game, we don't want to rush something out the door before it is ready. I think we all want this game to be a success, so ultimately, we can only say that it will be done when it is done. So please be patient with us; it will all pay off in the end!"

Legendary purchase guarantees you alpha access. That said, I will be in the alpha. :)

it also reminds me of Sacred 2. I do think it looks good, but I don't see anything special about it. That type of game has been done over and over again. I'm on the fence with this one…

It's fair to say it won't be blazing new trails. What makes Grim Dawn special is the fact that many people really loved Titan Quest and the class design system (select any 2 mastery choices to create your own class). Unlike D3, which locks you into 1 of 5 classes, I believe on launch you can choose any two of 5 mastery choices in Grim Dawn. There is a lot more room for experimentation in character development. Then of course, you need to go farm up the loot you need to make your build work.

it also reminds me of Sacred 2. I do think it looks good, but I don't see anything special about it. That type of game has been done over and over again. I'm on the fence with this one…

It has been done many times, but only a few times has it been done really well. Hopefully, this will be one of those times.

Don't forget, this game is MODDABLE! That blows Diablo 3 and the new Dungeon Siege outta the water for me.

I hate games that won't let me change stuff to suit my own playing style. So Grim Dawn is the only game I'm really, really looking forward to this year.

I am not much of a hack and slash player (although I got Titan Quest waiting on my harddrive, got it from a steam sale) - could someone clue me in on exactly why this looks better to you? The video looks much like any other H&S to me... except maybe for the overdone gibs effect...

I'm not sure why this video gets so much excitement. I don't see why I would choose this over Diablo 3 if I was looking for this type of rpg experience.

Don't forget, this game is MODDABLE! That blows Diablo 3 and the new Dungeon Siege outta the water for me.

I hate games that won't let me change stuff to suit my own playing style. So Grim Dawn is the only game I'm really, really looking forward to this year.

I agree, I've always really enjoyed moddable games. Opening up a game to modding really extends the lifespan of a game in most cases, so long as there are enough fans willing to put the mod-tools to use.

Back
Top Bottom