NWN2 - Baldur's Gate Reloaded Mod Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Baldur's Gate Reloaded for NWN 2 was just released today. The project was in development fo seven years. I just started playing the mod and highly
recommend it.

You can download it off the NWN 2 Nexus.

Baldur's Gate: Reloaded is a fan-made tribute to and complete remake of Baldur's Gate (1998), orginally developed by BioWare and published by Interplay Enterainment, for Neverwinter Nights 2. This campaign features both the entire original campaign and its expansion, Tales of the Sword Coast.

NOTE: Baldur's Gate: Reloaded requires that you have both Mask of the Betrayer and Storm of Zehir expansion packs installed.
More information.

One word: wow.

Trying this one out right away.

Well, I still don't like the engine - but I do love 3.5 rules, so I guess that's a decent compromise.

An impressive effort in any case.

I'm surprised no-one has asked his question given the attention the release has caught. Is this at the point of being a preferable way to enjoy the Baldur's gate story and experience over the original? Obviously a huge part of the charm of the IE games was the gameplay dictated by the engine but given a high enough production values (?) 3D can attract a lot of people.

A lot of people talking about this, but I'm still waiting to hear feedback from someone who's actually played it.

Well, I imagine it's just Baldur's Gate using NWN2 rules and assets?

I find that relatively easy to imagine - and I think it's going to be a compromise between a slow/clumsy engine and the updated rules and mechanics of D&D 3.5.

I'm mostly curious about how big the overland areas are - and whether they've created their own assets - rather than re-using what's already there.

My understanding is that there are a few enhancements beyond BG, which is partly why they named it "Reloaded". All of the remarks I've read from the play testers have been positive. They are expecting a few minor bugs to appear, despite the extensive testing; which is what you'd expect from a new release. Thus there may be a couple of rev's down the road.

Great work!

Reminder:
Have to reinstall NWN2

Im trying hard to be able to play this and let you know how it is:p but I did a mistake back then and bought it directly from Atari (because I couldn't find my original nwn 2 discs)...NWN 2+ the expansions MotB, Westgate and Zehir.

So I'm currently in the process of being sent back and forth between Digital River & Atari. Neither can find my name, order number, phone number or anything related to me. Yet I still have the original email.... I just want a working download link heh. I even paid for the extended download...Much good that does me.

20$ for the complete edition of NWN 2 on GOG :)

Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete includes the original game, and three expansions: Mask of the Betrayer, Storm of Zehir, and Mysteries of Westgate.

That's still too much for the crappy game. Dunno if expansions are worth $20 though.

Mask of the Betrayer & Mysteries of Westgate are very good games - better than the original game.
Storm of Zehir features some interesting new ideas like a new trading system for example, but it is mediorce IMHO. You need it for some mods.

that's one huge mod! I didn't think it would be as big as that! verrry tempting...

sounds like a reason to reinstall.

reminds me too that one of my copies of the expansions might be digital too. I'll have to find out.

I wish I had two more monitors. The game allows for screen spanning of custom sizes.

Of the OC I kept stopping after the intro. I wish I could just skip past it again.

Wait, that's also the problem with BG2.

That's still too much for the crappy game. Dunno if expansions are worth $20 though.

You missed last week sales and the one like two months ago. The package is on sales on both GOG and Gamersgate every 2-3 months for like $6.

I recommend getting it from GOG rather than GamersGate. The GOG bundle offers better compatibility and no DRM. The GG version uses SecuROM.

Looong time reader, first time poster...

Downloaded and installed...pretty straight forward install directions.

Rolled me a cleric, off to play the game, will report back :D

Welcome to the Watch! - we are waiting for first impressions...

Of the OC I kept stopping after the intro. I wish I could just skip past it again.

Wait, that's also the problem with BG2.

I just skip the whole game (NWN2) :)

As for BG2, if you download the mod "Dungeons-be-gone" you can find a mage in Irenicus' dungeon who would port you out of dungeon :)

I personally find Irenicus' dungeon really interesting. But then again, what don't I love about BG2? :)

Back
Top Bottom